Thread: What are the features of XML schemas?

What are the features of XML schemas?

Hello friends,
    I have recently started learning the Open XML Format SDK 1.0, so I am not having much idea about it. While going through the notes in which the features of XML schemas are explained was not enough for me to understand.!! So I thought to take some help from you guys. Please tell me what are the features of XML schemas? Since I am new to this topic, any other information related to the topic will be grateful.

Re: What are the features of XML schemas?

XML Schema is a description language document format XML to define the structure of an XML document. An instance of an XML Schema is somewhat equivalent to a type of document. XML Schema take however many differences with the DTD: it allows for example to identify areas of validity for the value of a field, then it is not possible in a DTD, however, it does not define entities, XML Schema is itself an XML document, while documents are DTD.

Microsoft has introduced support for XML schemas defined by the client in Word and Excel and improved support for XML in Office. Developers can then use the data to an XML format tailored to business processes they are trying to improve or source of corporate data available. Being able to use the XML schema that you set for your business allows for more flexible connection to your corporate data and translations easier for them to customize their presentation to the needs of different types of users.

The intuitive user interface for mapping XML schemas for data in a document allows developers to more easily separate the data presentation. They can focus on creating advanced user interfaces that allow end users to perform their tasks as they wish. Use reduced XML schemas programmatically mapping data to a visual presentation, long operation that does not facilitate the upgrading of applications. Smart documents facilitate the creation of XML applications that provide end users with data, and using a workflow context. Productivity is increased because the required information is presented to users in a pane when they need it, reducing hunting information, browsing in other applications and operations to copy and paste.

XML is a format consistent with industry standards for data shared on heterogeneous systems. The XML support in Office 2003 allows business users and corporate documents to be flexibly connected to sources of business data by extracting or sending data. Integration can be done easily via a Web service or product that supports an XML interface, such as BizTalk Server or SQL Server 2000. Infrastructure dynamic documents can enhance a traditional custom application by adding support integrated or auxiliary data. Office 2003 includes support for Web services, allowing developers to more easily available data from legacy systems to business users. The data that were previously locked into business applications can now be accessible to authorized users within the company, which had previously required but could not access it.

The compatibility of Office 2003 with other Microsoft products that limit the coding and data translation. It allows you to better leverage your existing software investments by enabling users to reach and manipulate data more easily within Office applications. With XML interfaces in SQL Server 2000 and BizTalk Server, Word and Excel applications can operate more easily with data and business processes with their inherent support XML schemas defined by the customer. The improved compatibility of documents, messages and calendar Office 2003 with SharePoint Portal Server and SharePoint Team Services allows faster creation of powerful collaboration applications. Interfaces with Excel applications MapPoint and Microsoft Business Solutions allow rapid data exchange.
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500