Thread: How to completely remove the privacy of the data?

How to completely remove the privacy of the data?

For Small and Medium Enterprise, a lot of data must be properly kept, and data security is also very important. Very often we will want to delete a data to achieve a real "completely removed" After all, there are many online data recovery software, and these tools can be removed from the Recycle Bin to restore the data out. These data recovery software are dangerous if your data is extremely important. Hence it is important for me to completely remove the privacy of data.

Better to use the software like file shredder

I have heard of before in order to completely remove a data better to use words such as "File Shredder" approach to operations, I also chose such software for testing. Through the windows File Shredder 1.1 tool to delete files and directories, during the removal process specified by us to delete the file name or a directory name, after officially crushed. Regrettably, however, that although the data recovery tools cannot smash the information to restore them, but we can still see the file names and other relevant information.

Re: How to completely remove the privacy of the data?

Formatting method used alone to achieve privacy of data protection is unrealistic, because he and direct delete method will not have real data as to eliminate, but only on the sector to operate. However, if we cover the operation, after repeated use of formatted deleted law would do? I continue to experiment. To conduct a comprehensive format for mobile media, there should be noted that from a data protection point of view to see the whole format is clearly better than the quick format. Through the continued use of formatted data recovery tool to restore, we can see clearly found much less data, it appears formatted deleted repeated coverage has played a certain effect.
    Repeated several times and then continue after coverage to format the data we can see that the protective effect were markedly enhanced, find the data used in the basic coverage that only repeated a few video files, and before all the data cannot find.

Perhaps the time coverage is not complete, after which I continued to try to use the repeated coverage of data protection law to address privacy problems. Repeated three to five times a video file to overwrite, delete, and then cover the operation, has the capacity to use several different video on the same storage medium to read and write operations.
    However, I regret that so even though we had repeatedly to delete the coverage of methods to achieve the end we are still unable to completely hide the data, the relevant file name and type of recovery tool, or be able to see that some information could be leaked.

From the experimental operation of the direct deletion method, we understand that when you delete a data corresponding only to the data sector is marked as not displayed, but the real message is still there. Then we can cover the other data to the sector to achieve privacy of data after the completely delete it?
    Then I remove the method to detect by covering the data recovery, first of all to find a large-capacity video, the basic and the capacity removable storage devices the size of the very, followed by the video overlay to a removable storage device.
    So that the storage device that all sectors will be covered in the video, the original information will be cleared. After I continue to use the "e-I data recovery tool" to restore the message to the author is strange that even if all sectors are covered by the new data, old data is still before the can be "e-I Data Recovery Tools" have discovered, but these data cannot be successfully restored, the user can still see through the recovery tools before the stored data, the file name.
    Another part of the file recovery tools can be exported to other directories, so that coverage did not really remove the law and serve to protect privacy data. On the one hand some of the information has not been completely covered by them can be restored, on the other privacy of the data file name, file type will be clearly displayed.
    Last edited by Macarenas; 26-03-2010 at 03:47 AM.