Thread: Constant Disk Activity in window 7

Constant Disk Activity in window 7

My custom made desktop is running with windows 7. I want to know why my desktop uses the hard disk even though the system becomes idle. I do not know why the system uses the hard disk even though it is idle. Please tell me a way how to get rid of this problem i will be very thankful to you.

Re: Constant Disk Activity in window 7

So far i know i think that the system use the hard disk even though it is idle because it starts indexing , defragmenting and also for superfetching. This works are done when the system is idle. But these woks really improves the functionality of your system and also increases the system performance.

First of all i would like to thank you for providing me the useful information. So the hard disk performs some additional process while the system becomes idle. But even though i would like to know how to stop these processes. please help me so that i can free all of my RAM memory because i want to play game which needs it.

As far as i know i think you should not disable indexing although you can disable superfetching as well as defragmenting. For disabling the defragmentation you can defragment all the partition by manually defragmenting you hard drive. to disable superfetch go to administrative services within the control panel.

The hard drive performs extra task as mentioned below when it is idle so i would suggest you not to disable the hard disk defragmentation and also do not disable the superfetching it also helps your system to run somewhat faster. Try to use some system utilities or performance enhancer or optimizers.

Advanced System Optimizer is one of the best system optimizer. Using this application will definitely optimize the system performance although it cannot stop the hard drive activity while the system is idle but it can optimize the system performance to some extent. It has all the tools required for maintenance security and optimization of your system performance.