Thread: Skype doesn't work in Windows Vista x64 bit

Skype doesn't work in Windows Vista x64 bit

Hey Guys,

I had installed Windows Vista, 32 bit any everything used to work fine on it. But recently i have installed x64 version on my system and the problem is that i'm unable to run my Skpye program on my system. It used to work fine on the previous version. But it's not working now, can any body tell me why it is not working? Does any body have any idea about it? Kindly suggest me your views regarding to this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Skype doesn't work in Windows Vista x64 bit

Are you sure you downloaded the Skype Beta? I believe it's Version 4.0 Beta. Simply googling it turns up results immediately. I know I used the regular Skype and it constantly crashed but the new Skype (Beta) has worked flawlessly so far. It also has some neat new features you may like.

If you have a 64-bit CPU and are able to find hardware drivers for all your devices, then go 64-bit. But still, some hardware doesn't have 64-bit drivers and so your stuck with X86 (32-bit). It's only really beneficial if you have 4GB or more of RAM.

As for Vista, If you have a modern computer and it has 4GB or more of RAM, then it's likely all drivers will have 64-bit versions available, in this case, go 64-bit.

There aren't huge performance differences and 64-bit hardware still runs 32-bit software, so it's not really a matter of opinion, more what's possible from your hardware.

XP-64 never really taken off, because at the time, there weren't much driver support and Vista was on it's way. With Vista, If drivers allow, I'd always use 64-Bit. The support for 64-bit vista is much greater.

There can be various problems why the other side can't hear you. Vista has a new sound system so i'd beging checking there if microphone settings are ok, maybe trying +20 boost also.Checking microphone hardware wise is a good idea also. If these are ok try to call echo123 (skype's testing service) where you can check if low volume is indeed the case with more than one call. Basically you can notice if the problem is on your side or your contact's side. If echo123's playback of your recorded message is ok then ask your conversation partner to do the same and check its sound settings.

Hi,

i downloaded Skype Beta 4.0 version on window 7 premium 64-bit. Everything is working except the microphone. I am not able to hear my recorded message in the test call echo 123, however the Mic is working as i tested it in the windows (Control panel, audio devices...). Both the built-in and external Mic are not working with Skype (and i checked well that the Mic is not muted in Skype).
    Can anyone help me please?
    Do i need to download a newer version of Skype? if yes can you please send it to me through a sharing website since Skype website is not allowed in UAE?
    thanks.

Try to process a clean boot service that would help in making the application or the hardware to work out well with the same. Click on the start menu and then type msconfig in the search box and hit enter. Choose Hide all Microsoft services under the selective startup. Disable the service and restart the system.

i will try it later today as i do not have the 64-bit laptop with me now. but you are asking to disable all services? so how can they work later?