Thread: Skype microphone problem in ubuntu

Skype microphone problem in ubuntu

Hello,
    I installed Skype on Ubuntu, but the problem is that my microphone is not detected, even I have the impression that no audio acquisition is possible, as it does on Audacity Works on it either. I also did a sudo alsamixer and my microphone is off. Please help me with this. Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Skype microphone problem in ubuntu

Hello,
    I am not an expert on this subject, my sound card is installed incorrectly, but for certain purposes, such as Flash videos, I must kill the esd process so that it works.
    To killer esd, here is the command which you have to use
    Code:
    kill-kill `ps-e | grep esd | cut-d ''-f2`
    If it works, it could be a temporary solution because I have no idea this is the perfect solution or the reason for the problem.

Hello,
    I above is correct, but for more easy, you can use the below command in the terminal as a root user.
    Code:
    killall -9 esd
    'killall' allows you to killer by name -9 Is equivalent to-kill on most distributions. I hope it will work for you can your microphone will turn on. If you have any more problem then post back.

Hello,
    Even I have the same problem the skype software, the microphone is not detected, I have tried your solution which you guys have mentioned above, but it is not working, and when I run the sound recorder I put "Your audio capture settings are invalid. Please correct them in multimedia settings." ? My sound card must be configured incorrectly, it is a Realtek ALC 850 chipset. Any more help on this topic is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    I am not sufficiently expert to help dsl. You may be launching a alsaconf as root, but I do not think this will change something. You can try changing the jack of your micro phone and see if it works then. I would like to understand where your problems come mostly galley I also install my card (for me it's the mix that does not work). Also, you have an alternative to change the microphone and then test if working.