Thread: How to force Outlook 2007 to resolve proxy addresses?

How to force Outlook 2007 to resolve proxy addresses?

Hi everyone,
    I am using the Microsoft Office 2007, and I have better knowledge about the Office 2007. I am using the Outlook 2007 in Cached Exchange mode, so that I can verify and resolve the names of the recipients of mail. I can do all this by using the address book offline. But i don't know how to force it.!! So I need your help for forcing an Outlook 2007 to resolve proxy addresses? Hope that someone out there would be interested in helping me.!!

Re: How to force Outlook 2007 to resolve proxy addresses?

When used in mode Cached Exchange, Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 for verifing and resolve the names of recipients of mail using the address book offline. The process of address resolution message with similar fields like DisplayName, is called ambiguous name resolution. The name resolution ambiguous line that is used by the global catalog server indexes the following fields for matching names :
    • displayName
    • mail
    • givenName
    • legacyExchangeDN

The resolution of ambiguous name is used by the address book offline indexes the following fields for matching names :
    • mailNickname
    • displayName
    • physicalDeliveryOfficeName
    • sn

To avoid this problem, add a registry key that forces Outlook to use the GAL online to resolve ambiguous names or e-mail alias.

In Outlook, you can use the new registry key named ANR Include Online GAL to set the address book used by Outlook to resolve ambiguous names or e-mail alias. You can use one of the following registry entries to set the registry key ANR Include Online GAL manually or using Group Policy :
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Office \ 12.0 \ Outlook \ Cached Mode

The value 0 is the default for the address book offline. If the value is set to 0, Outlook 2007 uses the address book offline to resolve ambiguous names or e-mail alias when you create an email message.

You will have to change the registry :
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 12.0 \ Outlook \ Cached Mode
    If the value is set to 1, Outlook 2007 uses the Global Address Book instead of the address book offline to resolve ambiguous names or e-mail alias when you create an email message. This means that the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) will be implemented whenever the following conditions are met :
    • A name is resolved in the To box of an email.
    • An electronic message is sent.
    • A reply is sent to an SMTP address.

Incorrectly editing the registry by using Registry Editor or by using another method may cause serious problems. These problems may require you to reinstall your operating system. So, I would like to recommend you that if you are having knowledge of editing the registries, then only do it otherwise improper editing of the registries might cause serious problems. You can also take the backup of the registries, so that if anything goes wrong you can restore the original registries.