Thread: A macro in encrypted Office Open XML file does not run in Office 2007 programs

A macro in encrypted Office Open XML file does not run in Office 2007 programs

Hello friends,
    I am working with the Microsoft Office 2007. I am facing the problem with the macros, so need your help. The problem is that in a MS Office 2007 programs that are listed in the "Applies to" when you try to run a macro that is contained in an Office Open XML encrypted file as a. Xlsm a file. Docm or file. pptxm, the macro does not work as expected. I have tried lot of things but nothing is working fine. Please tell me solution for a macro in encrypted Office Open XML file does not run in Office 2007 programs.!! Hope that you got what I want to ask.?! Help me soon.!!
    As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness.Henry David Thoreau

Re: A macro in encrypted Office Open XML file does not run in Office 2007 programs

You will be surprise to know that this problem does not occur for files are saved in the file format "Microsoft Office 97-2003. A file is an encrypted file that you protect by using the following methods :
    1. Protection by password
    2. Rights Management (on information) MRI
    3. Protection of workbook in Microsoft Office Excel 2007

Re: A macro in encrypted Office Open XML file does not run in Office 2007 programs

This problem occurs if the computer is running not one active antivirus program that supports the analysis of encrypted content as supported by the Microsoft Antivirus API. In this case, macros are disabled in the file format Office Open XML encrypted. So I would like to suggest you that if you are running any anti-virus, you will have to stop that first. There is no need to uninstall that anti-virus. Just disabling that will solve the problem.

In addition, macros may be disabled in the file security settings in the program. If macros are disabled by security settings, is the following error message when you try to open the file :
    • Macro security alert has been disabled

To enable macros, click Options, click Enable this content, and then click OK. However, if you enable macros, the problem mentioned in the "Symptoms" section is reproduced. Security alert this file contains encrypted macros that have been disabled because there is no antivirus software installed that will analyze. To run these macros, remove restrictions on encryption or authorization of this file. Path File: <path and file name> protect me from unknown content (recommended) <More> prevent encrypted macros from the object being scanned for viruses.

The 2007 Office release provides several settings that allow you to prevent encrypted macros is analyzed for the presence of viruses. This is useful if your program virus detection does not support the programming interface of Microsoft antivirus application (API). By default, macros are encrypted if you encrypt and save a file format Office Open XML. If your antivirus program does not support the Microsoft Antivirus API, your software virus scan can not scan encrypted macros. Therefore, encrypted macros will be disabled.

To avoid this problem, disable virus scanning of encrypted files that contain macros. To do this, follow these steps :
    1. Quit any Office 2007 programs.
    2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit and click OK.
    3. Locate and click on a sub-registry keys as follows :
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 12.0 \ Excel \ Security
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 12.0 \ PowerPoint \ Security
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 12.0 \ Word \ Security
    4. In the Edit menu, point to New and click DWORD value.
    5. Enter one of the following value names depending on the sub-registry key you clicked in step 3 and then press ENTER :
      • ExcelBypassEncryptedMacroScan
      • PowerPointBypassEncryptedMacroScan
      • WordBypassEncryptedMacroScan
    6. Click the right mouse button on the DWORD value you created in step 4, and then click Edit.
    7. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
    8. In the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.