Thread: No video just sound playing .AVI file with Nero vision

No video just sound playing .AVI file with Nero vision

I am using a dell inspiron desktop installed with windows 7. i have installed Nero 9 application on my desktop. Whenever i try to play an Avi file Nero vision plays sound only. has any body faced thew similar problem i would like to know how to get rid of this problem. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Hebrew; 24-03-2010 at 10:42 PM.

Re: No video just sound playing .AVI file with Nero vision

I think that the codecs are not installed on you system and hence the avi files are not played properly so i will suggest you to advice you to download it from the official nero website. If you want to play the audio also then you can try to download and install the codecs on your system this should help.

I think that you will have to use the total video player in order to play the .avi file which you have on your system. The total video player can be downloaded from the internet install this on your system and then you can watch the avi videos too. The total video player plays the avi file very nicely.

it appears as you have to re install the Nero 9 reloaded from your system since by default Nero should play the avi file with the sound. Hence try to use the Nero clean tool for removing the Nero from the system. This will remove the Nero completely and then install it again with the help of the setup file.

you might be facing this issue because of you have not configured the volume settings correctly in your system. So first of all try to configure it also try to check whether you have muted the volume or what . if this does not solve the issue then i think you need to re install the Nero 9 reloaded on your system.