Thread: Unable to play MIDI file in AWE64 Gold

Unable to play MIDI file in AWE64 Gold

I am having some difficulties with the MIDI files when I play this into AWE64 Gold and NT4, SP3. Everything is going well but I am unable to play the MIDI files.

When I double click on the MIDI file to opens within the player and I can see that it is playing but there is no audio is coming out. And when I tried to execute the AWE Control, it generates some error as " Invalid MIDI Driver(SBAWE32.DRV) AWE Manager has a problem trying to acquire the MIDI driver. Check if the correct driver is installed."

Hello,

I got the solution of the problem which is that if you are searching on your hard drive, according to me the one with the system on it, then you will find a file known as 'aweman32.dll'. This is the only one file which is responsible for this very issue not the 'sbawe32.drv'.Just troubleshoot the problem according to the preference of this file.

What you require to do is see for different file with the similar name which is a later version of the dll. It is near about 44k according to me. I have just find out the solution of this issue last night and so the final details might be a smaller functionality, but easily swap the larger of the 'aweman32.dll' into the windows\system folder or winnt\system32 which one support you are executing.

This configuration will take effect instantly and you shouldn't have any issues with driver problem and you would not require to restart.

If you are going to play the file but you are unable to pay then it can be another matter for that.You are running very well and you can select but you can hear the sound played by the player.

You need to add another files in the playlist to play the MIDI file and the do the same using another file to check the efficiency of the player.You can uninstall the player and install a new one or update the installed player.

Hey dear,

If you are not getting the sound exactly then you have to install the Sound driver for the computer system.There can be many situations when you would interact with these type of errors where you would find that you will see the movement of the player but can't hear the sound by the player.

Sometimes,the player occurs some error if your driver of the sound has been corrupted then you need to install the sound driver or check the physical corruption related to the sound device.

Thank.