Thread: Want to know about Streaming IP Camera

Want to know about Streaming IP Camera

Hello, I am using the one of the camera of the SONY. I am also using the VLC player for streaming. I would like to know about the streaming of the IP camera using the VLC player. I can have the 5 IP Camera and that I can placed each IP address in server. So, I would like to know how to stream the output of the IP camera with the VLC player. Can anyone knows about it or provide me the solution?

Re: Want to know about Streaming IP Camera

I suppose that you can have to visit to the authorized web site of the VLC player. I also suggest you that to go to the authorized web site of the VLC player and search for your query. I am ensuring you that you can surely got your solution for " Want to know about Streaming IP Camera " on that web site. For your convenience I am providing you the following link. I hope that it can work for you.
    Streaming IP Camera

The following can be an overview of the solution of the VideoLAN streaming as follows and The VideoLAN streaming solution can involves the 2 applications :
    1. The VideoLAN Server which can be shortly known as VLS. The VLS can stream the MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 files, DVDs, digital satellite channels, digital terrestial television channels and live videos on the network in uni-cast or multi-cast. Nowadays the VLC can have the many of the VLS features.
    2. The VLC player can be used as a server and It can be also used as a client to stream and receive network streams.

On which the VLC solution can be set up on the network that network can be as small as 1 Ethernet i.e. 10/100 Mb Hub/Switch. It can also big as an entire Internet. The VLC streaming solution can have the IPv6 support. I hope you can got from my explanation. If you can got it then reply me. I am trying to provide you the better solution. Have a nice Day!!!

The following can be some of an examples of the required bandwidth they can be as follows :
    1. 0.5 to 4 Mbit/s for a MPEG-4 stream,
    2. 3 to 4 Mbit/s for an MPEG-2 stream read from a satellite card, a digital television card or a MPEG-2 encoding card,
    3. 6 to 9 Mbit/s for a DVD.

The VLC player can be able to announce its streams with thw help of the SAP/SDP standard or with the help of Zeroconf.

Follow the following steps :
    1. Load and begins the VLC.
    2. Choose File -> Open Capture Device.
    3. Video hit Refresh list -> Capture Card.
    4. Audio hit Refresh list -> Audio Card.
    5. Choose Stream Output.
    6. Device and Tuner properties to modify the default video resolution/size and Tuner properties. The default can be 320x240.
    7. Settings -> Stream Settings.
    8. Streaming to WMP.
    9. Choose MMSH under Output Method.
    10. Choose ASF as Encapsulation method
    11. Set the video codec to WMV2 and set the bitrate.
    12. Set the audio codec to MP3 and set the bitrate
    Last edited by ThoMas321; 24-03-2010 at 04:21 PM.