Thread: No Conexant Audio on Windows 7

No Conexant Audio on Windows 7

Hi,
    My friend has upgraded his computer from Windows XP to Windows 7. Everything goes well here. But now there is a issue with the audio driver. When I reboot the pc there is no sound in the speakers. I can see a logo on volume on the taskbar. What should I do here to fix this matter. He has a Conexant audio support in his computer. Does there is a compatibility matter here.

Re: No Conexant Audio on Windows 7

I had faced a similar issue here in my computer also where I upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7. After searching a log I found that for my system I have to install a 64bit Conexant audio drivers. I was suing a old driver which I had in a CD. After updating the current drivers the audio started working with no issues. You must checkout for similar matter.

Do this. Right click on My Computer and then go to Properties. In the Windows go to Device Manager and then browser to your sound devices. Can you see any exclamation mark or any warning sign here. If yes then that device is not properly installed in your computer due to which you have the problem. Right click on that and choose update drivers.

I will recommend you to install the latest codecs. This can be due to corrupt codec library. You can do this. Download and install vlc media player. Then play any song on it. Adjust your sound settings. You can keep your Windows automatic update on so that you get a appropriate driver update in case of any error in your computer. Try to re-install your sound device.

You need a appropriate driver for that. Whatever you do it will not work. Your entire operating system is changed. I will recommend you to go on the official site of the audio device and then download and install the latest drivers. Run that and you can hear your sound back again. This is the only way by which you can make your audio work in Windows 7.

Open Device Manager and then look for Conexant Pebble High Definition Smart Audio. It is located under the Sound category. Right click on that and choose Properties. In the box see for device status. You can directly troubleshoot problem from here. The small windows will give you the current status of your hardware. Basically the easy is to get current drivers.

install audio drivers