Thread: Soundtrack Pro 3 hangs at startup

Soundtrack Pro 3 hangs at startup

Hi,

I know that many people have a problem with the Soundtrack Pro 3 startup. I have recently purchased Soundtrack Pro 3 and installed everything that came in the package. The installation went fine but when I open the application it hangs. The main window appears on the screen but then freezes then I need to force quit the application to close it. Can you tell me the reason why Soundtrack Pro 3 hangs at startup ?? I have mac os x 10.5.6 on my powerbook G4.

Re: Soundtrack Pro 3 hangs at startup

If you use external audio hardware, make a pro soundtrack so that the integrated program on your computer audio hardware. Open Soundtrack Pro, choose Soundtrack Pro> Preferences and click on the tab "Recording". Enable pop-up menus in the "input" and "monitor" the integrated hardware. Set the built-in hardware also see "Audio MIDI Setup" be the "standard output".

Sometimes project files may be corrupted and that causes unexpected behavior in Soundtrack Pro. To create a new, undamaged project, select "File"> "New" and select "project with multiple tracks," or "audio file". Run a test with the new project through to check to see if this resolves the problem.

Occasionally, movie or audio files are corrupted and cause unexpected behavior in Soundtrack Pro. Replace the media in your project against other media, and then test to see if this resolves the problem. If you have any problems with the layout, tabs, or floating palettes, press F1 to return to the standard arrangement.

You can also try to reinstall Soundtrack Pro 3 and Compressor. You need to remove the programs and their receipts, then install Soundtrack Pro and then install updates by using Software Update. Compressor is installed when you install Soundtrack Pro automatically. You do not have to remove everything that was installed with Soundtrack Pro.

Make sure that you have paid attention to all the hardware requirements needed to run Soundtrack Pro 3. If you are using a sound card, MIDI interface, storage system, a control surface or a third-party plug-ins, check the support section of the manufacturers website if you use the latest version of the relevant drivers and other software for that product.

I have got the solution that, click on the Soundtrack Pro icon in your Applications folder, select Browse and locate the package executable in the directories below. Then run that file, and then will start a terminal session while initializing Soundtrack. In a terminal window error message appears which made Soundtrack Pro accident. In my case, there was a file of a plug in I uninstalled long ago that was causing conflict with Soundtrack. Soundtrack I deleted and then running perfectly!