Thread: PC Doctor Error Code hd521-2w

PC Doctor Error Code hd521-2w

Hello,

I bought it recently an HP computer, the operating system is Windows XP. I am getting error code hd521-2w while running a system recovery and my pc crashes. Is it safe to say that the operation of custom PC recovery solve my problem? Can you suggest a way that could be able to boot my PC time, so the more you can back up certain files?If not, do you think I can get the files on my hard drive once I get a new HD and running?

Re: PC Doctor Error Code hd521-2w

HD521-2W is a code generated by HP computers for a SMART test. It is an indication that the unit can be in the output. If your computer has PC-Doctor version 5 or higher, you can create a disk offline simply inserting a CD-R or CD-RW and clicking Burn CD bootable diagnostic at the bottom of the main window PC-Doctor.

This error message means your hard drive has failed completely. I doubt that they are able to boot to it, but you can try pressing the F8 key just before Windows starts trying to load and select the security mode or you can try on the same menu, the last known good configuration. If you can go there and have valuable data you need to retrieve, save the old drive and install (or have installed) a replacement unit and install the O / S on the new disk. Once in place, add the old drive back in as a slave and a little luck, you may be able to back some of their data.

The error means that the S.M.A.R.T. track a problem with the hard drive. While the CMD do not suffer from the F / W Seagate certain issues, it is still possible to have a disk drive. You can contact HP support and get a replacement before spending more time in recovery. PC-Doctor is designed for use with the original hardware configuration of the HP or Compaq. While it may work well with hardware that has been added to the team after their purchase, PC-Doctor has been designed to work specifically with the hardware HP originally installed in the PC.

To run diagnostics on a different PC, click Cancel when prompted to restart the computer, wait to close the window and remove the floppy. On the PC you want to use, close all applications and remove disks from the PC optical drives (CD or DVD), then insert the floppy into the drive of the PC. Restart the computer or press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and choose Shutdown. Then click Restart.

When you restart or turn on the computer with the boot disk or inserted in the drive outside the PC, open the Diagnostics PC-Doctor Offline DOS and the basic menu of tests. When viewing a menu, press a number or letter on the keyboard from the list of menu options and press Enter to execute that option. At the end of the test, the results appear in the test message successfully, the test canceled or failed tests. When viewing a failed test message, press the space bar to see the error code. To cancel a test, press ESC. To exit the test and restart the PC: