Thread: VLC crash in some RTMP streams

VLC crash in some RTMP streams

Hello friends,
    I am having this problem from the last week. My VLC media player crashes, when I tried to open following RTMP streams.
    Code:
    rtmp://cp76154.live.edgefcs.net:1935/li ... VE_1@10773
    I don't know why VLC crash in some RTMP streams. Anyone else having the same problem.
    Please help me. Thank you.

Re: VLC crash in some RTMP streams

From your information it seems that your VLC media player is affected with virus, that comes from that particular RTMP streams and for this reason your VLC crash in some RTMP streams. In this case you have to re-install your VLC media player to fix this problem. Just un-install old VLC media player from your computer and then again install new version of it.

I think the RTMP streams that you want to retrieve is faulty one and that's why your VLC media player crash when you tried to open RTMP streams. In this case try to open some other RTMP streams from your VLC. If you didn't get any type of error message then it means that your old RTMP streams is faulty one. In this case never go to that RTMP streams link again.

I also had the same problem. Then one of my friend said me that this is one of the bugs in the VLC media player and this bug is fix in the VLC 1.0.6 version. Then I download VLC 1.0.6 in my computer and now I didn't get such type of problem. I think you also install VLC 1.0.6 in your computer to get rid out of this problem. Just download and install it.

I think you are using some old version of VLC media player and that's why you are3 getting such type of problem. In latest version these small type of hugs are fixed and you will not get such type of problem again. In this case you have to remove that old version of VLC media player from your computer and you have to install new version of VLC media player in your computer. I think VLC 1.0.5 is the latest version.