Thread: VLC Media Player crash

VLC Media Player crash

Hello to all,
    I am new to this forum. I have Compaq computer which is running Windows XP SP3. I have installed VLC 1.0.0 in my computer. It don't have any problem until last week. From the last week it repeatedly crashes. I don't know why VLC Media Player crash . Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: VLC Media Player crash

From your information it seems that you are getting problem due to preferences and cache files of your vlc player. Due to these files your VLC Media Player crash repeatedly. In this case you have to delete or remove that preferences and cache file from your computer to fix this problem. You can get these file in the %appdata%/vlc folder. Just go there and remove that files.

Increase the verbosity level (either in the preferences or with a -vv command line option) and look at the debug messages (in the terminal or in the Messages window). If you are convinced that it is a bug in VLC, have a look at the bug reporting page.
    I hope they will help you.

I also had the same problem, then I able to fix this problem by performing following steps.
    First click on start button -> now go to run -> Now type %appdata%\vlc in it -> now press ok -> now select all files from that folder and just delete that files.

From your information it seems that there is some problem in your VLC Media Player. It may get corrupted or get damaged and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to install new version of VLC in your computer to fix this problem. Just uninstall VLC Media Player from your computer and then install new version of it.

Hi , Im Akash1999
    When i put vlc media playr it shows the error that "vlc media player just crashed
    do you want to send any bug report to the developers team". please help me i cant watch movies . in other video players the audio is not working so please help me

First you have to Go to your VLC folder (Go to App data and after that vlc folder) and delete it. If you have troubles in sentence this folder minimally go to the sprint command and in there oyu have to type “%appdata%\vlc "(not including the quotes) and delete every components. Once you done with it then you have to uninstall the setup of VLC commencing your computer. (Completely uninstall as a result that no files are absent).Download a latest version from their site and install it.

During install, you can select the option to delete preferences and cache files. That is the easiest way to fix the crashes.

i think the problem is due to preferences and cache files in your vlc player. so, you just need to delete preferences and cache files then you can solve this problem.