Thread: Want a full silent Installation of VLC

Want a full silent Installation of VLC

Hello, Friends. I am using the VLC player. I can be wondered that how to get the full installation of the VLC whenever using the /S switch. I can not anything about the Silent Installation of the VLC player. So, I would like to know about the Silent Installation of the VLC player. Can anyone has the any idea for this?? Reply Me!!!

Re: Want a full silent Installation of VLC

I think you can have to visit on to the official site of the VLC. I can recommended you that go on to the official site of the VLC player and search your query there. I am sure that you can get your answer for Silent Installation on this site. For your convenience I am providing you the following link. I hope that this can work for you.
    Silent Installation

You can be able to do a Silent and Full Installation of VLC just by following the followed steps :
    1. Download and install nsis from "nsis.sourceforge.net/Download". This will let you recompile the installation program.
    2. Download and extract the VLC Windows Zip package from "www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html".
    3. Open the vlc.win32.nsi file with Notepad
    4. On line 7, enter the version.
    5. Change line 23 so that the file name uses the correct version variable: ${PRODUCT_VERSION} instead of ${VERSION}.
    6. The component list begins at about line 324. Each component looks like "Section "Component Name" SEC0#. If a '/o' is in front of the component name, it will not be selected by default. Remove the '/o' to have it be selected. Removing them from the Mozilla Plugin and Context Menu components turns it into a full install
    7. From your command prompt (or script), run

I think you can have to noticed that If you can not want that VLC player can be an associated with some of the file types, simply can place a semicolon in front of the line that can containing an extension. That list can be begins on line 110. I had did this for DRM enabled files such as ASX, ASF, WMV and WMA. I guess you should understands from the above explanation.

I can find the difficulties in packaging an installer again. The directory of an installation can be different, so there can be no uninstaller and the plugins can not be install as an expected. Hence, there can be an different way to do a full Silent Installation with the most default settings as follows :
    1. Download the latest installer .exe
    2. Copy the exe to a network distribution point, make an install.bat to go with it.
    3. add the VLCMozPlug.reg to the distr directory by installing the soft by hand, then exporting with regedit the relevant key.