Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Javascript Error during Backitup and Burn installation

Windows Software

Old 23-03-2010

Javascript Error during Backitup and Burn installation

My system is installed with windows 7. I have downloaded the trial software of backitup and burn and tried to install them on my windows 7 system. But i am getting a javascript error. Why i do not know Now i am not able to write my file to dvd or a cd. please help me to get rid of this matter as soon as possible.

Old 23-03-2010

Re: Javascript Error during Backitup and Burn installation

The information which you provided in your query is not sufficient enough to get to some conclusion and hence i would like to know some more information regarding this problem it would be more helpful if you try to post the exact error message what you got in your future replies. Then i can help you in a much better way.
Old 23-03-2010

To solve this matter i would advice you to get the java updates installed on your system before trying to install the Backitup and Burn application programs i would also suggest you to install the java plug ins which are also very crucial for some applications. Hope fully this will solve all your problem associated with installation.
Old 23-03-2010

I recieved an error message that unable to find javascript. Since i found another topic which told that me that "The module "jscript.dll" not found. As far as i know although it was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with errorcode 0x80004005. Try to help me out for getting rid of this problem.
Old 23-03-2010

It appears as you will have to register the javascript.dll file manually and for that try to follow the steps listed below:
  • Open the Run box form the start and type cmd then press ENTER Key.
  • This will open the command prompt.
  • Now type regsvr32 jscript.dll and press Enter.
  • Finally install both the applications BackItUp & Burn again
  • If you still cannot install these programs then i think that the Logitech Setpoint might be causing a side-by-side problem.
Old 23-03-2010

To get rid of this problem you need to end the Logitech software from within the Task Manager while installing the Nero BackitUp & Burn
  1. For opening the task manager Press "CTRL+ALT+DELETE"
  2. In the Task manager window.
  3. Search for a process called “SetPoint.exe” Try ending this process, after this close the Task Manager window.
  4. Lastly start the installation of Nero BackItUp & Burn again.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,