Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-03-2010

Side by side error in Nero Startsmart and Nero Burning ROM

I am using an acer aspire laptop installed with windows 7 i have installed windows 7. I use the Nero 9 application for burning CD's and DVD'd on my system. But initially i was using windows Vista with my system. Right after upgrading my windows Nero started giving problems . Now whenever i try to upgrade the application i get an error that application failed to start
Old 23-03-2010

Re: Side by side error in Nero Startsmart and Nero Burning ROM

To know the actual reason behind this problem i would like to know whether you got some error message what exactly was it saying can you try to mention that in your further replies i would definitely help you to get rid of this error. Also what error you get when you try to launch the Nero Startsmart.
Old 23-03-2010

So far windows 7 is concerned i think that it is far more secure than the windows 7 operating system. Hence it would be better if you try to turn off the User access control in windows 7 and then try to launch both the application on your system. I hope that Turning the User access control will resolve this problem.

Last edited by ThoMas321 : 23-03-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 23-03-2010

Thanks for replying me i tried to turn ff the user access control and it resulted in to the same error message
"c:\program files (x86)\Nero\Nero9\Nero Burning Rom\nero.exe
The application failed to start. The parallel configuration is not right."
Even i get the same error message while i try to launch the Nero startsmart only the name of the application is changed from Nero Burning Rom to Nero startsmart.
Old 23-03-2010

SO i think you need to install the Nero clean tool so that you can remove all the traces of Nero application that are present on your system after removing this you should try to install the Nero 9 application once again on your system this will definitely remove all sort of error that are troubling you.
Old 23-03-2010

The main problem behind this issue is that you are not having the proper version of the C++ installed on your system and hence the Nero 9 is not working correctly on your system. I would advise you to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 or 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , ,