Thread: Windows 7 and Qosmio hibernate

Windows 7 and Qosmio hibernate

This is the second time getting hardware issues with laptop back after the installation Vista. I decided to just do a fresh installation of Windows 7. Everything is going fine and installation has been completed a but In the morning, when I checked my laptop, it entered into hibernate mode.

I used the the shut down button of cabinet and saw the POST screen w/o the F2, F12 options, and then find a blinking cursor top of the screen. It is tasking a long time and still not redirecting for another process.The same thing happens again and again.

There are different ways to solve this problem but I am going to suggest the solution which I have done and feel comfortable with this way.

You need to swap the hard drive with a drive which boots into different operating system environment. I performed this task or operation using my previous used Vista Ultimate drive. After upgradation,I used the fresh and clean drive in the operation.

You must try this method to solve your problem.

Thanks

As Thomas told well,There are too many ways to do it..I used this method before on my friend desktop.

You need to remove the Hard Drive and boot with an the installation disk of XP pro. The setup will prompt you,To Install the windows then press F3 and remove the disc from disk drive and turn off the Qosmio.

Now,Insert the hard drive with appropriate connection and reboot the Qosmio and Viola! You would be prompted with the F2 and F12 menu on the BIOS screen.Just enter into the Power settings of the BIOS and be sure that any option related to the "Hibernate" is turned OFF.

You will get different types of problem there related to the Intel Robson technology that does not clear itself and gets the Qosmio stuck in Hibernate.

You need to jump into the following :

Control Panel\System and Security\Backup

and Restore and create a repair disk.Unplug your hard drive from the motherboard to get the Qosmio to boot to the CD drive.Therefore,you would be with the dialog box asking about recovery options and ignore it and restart.

Your laptop accidentally entered into the hibernation mode and it is constant during this process.

I was suffering with the same problem after manually choosing the hibernation mode option.There was NO BIOS Setup, no CD boot.You need to push the Power buttons for sometime and then just release this and wait to start your system.The system would start automatically in normal mode.