Thread: Chicony Camera Assistant Software for Windows 7

Chicony Camera Assistant Software for Windows 7

I have some problems that is very similar getting by many people with the 'Chicony USB 2.0 Camera', It is not working properly. I had the 'Camera Assistant Software' and installed when I was running with Vista operating system but problems are generating after the upgrade of windows software.

I am unable to find the appropriate software to handle my Camera and need to be associated and compatible with Windows 7. I was using Camera Assistant Software version compatible with Vista (version 6.1005200170). It installed it on windows 7 but errors are generating during installation of the software driver and finally not working well .Can you suggest me some appropriate version of Camera Assistant Software in windows 7.

Thanks.

Hello,
    I was also suffering with the same problem.And I think my self to resolve this problem with the help of system utilities and I tried as well.
    I partitioned the my hard disk and performed a fresh installation of Windows 7 and as well as Vista in the way of dual booting.There is no webcam in Win 7, but working fine in Vista

The Toshiba Software Installer was unable to detect the webcam program that can be compatible with Windows 7. I tried to serach the list of my model but,it was not listed there.

Thanks....

The Camera Assistant Software and driver is well compatible to manage the camera activities.It generates error after upgrading to Windows 7 but the system still incapable to recognize the built-in Chicony USB 2 built in camera exactly in Windows Vista or XP where it would be get listed in My Computer components or another software compatible with twain or imaging devices.

I am not getting what is the wrong going on with you ? I got the Toshiba CAS software limited to the Logitech and different cam software.

I found some solution for you which can be very helpful for you to drive your device and also much capable,you need to have.

I succeed to search only the 32-bit version compatible systems. which is treated as a driver, but actually it is the package includes all the software for your camera hunting.Go through the link to find and download.

Toshiba Webcam driver for Windows 7 - 32 Bit
    Webcam-20091013162352.zip

Hi,
    You can easily download the appropriate camera software for your Chicony camera.The Microsoft also provide you the best support on the windows 7 to work well with your camera device.

The camera assistance is also available on the Microsoft official website for different environment means :32 bit and 64 bit.You can get it from here

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...s/Details.aspx