Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-03-2010

Choose a Audio Format for iPod Touch

Hi,
I have a iPod Touch. I want to transfer music and video to it. I also want the exact encoding format with bit-rate I can use. For a video which I want to transfer from a Digi Cam. I was using a software which has converted the videos to a smaller size but the quality was reduced to an great extent. The size was appropriate by the audio was dull. What to do here. Which audio format is suitable for iPod Touch.
Old 22-03-2010

Re: Choose a Audio Format for iPod Touch

If you are looking for a composite format for iPod, Apple TV and iphone then it will play most of the videos which are encoded using Mpeg 4 or h.264 codec. These are the open standard formats for video. You can use most of the video content are widely available on the iTune Store. The same formats is somewhat similar to the digital camera's too. They encode the video format to mpeg 2 format.
Old 22-03-2010

The audio format h.264 is recommended for most of the videos. That is why too because it offers a high quality video and audio. The codec is available online for free and it is open source. iTunes usually supports the h.264 format which is quiet a command one. The audio is best suited for good listening and viewing videos on your iPod touch and for transfer also.
Old 22-03-2010

For a video playback it is also considerable that you must ensure a proper resolution and bit rate for a better quality playback. The resolution i the size of the video image which is displayed on your iPod Touch. The normal which is used is 640x 480. And then comes the bit rate is the amount of data which is encoded actually to create a single video.
Old 22-03-2010

That is right if you want to addup video then you must determine a proper resolution and bit-rate for the same. If you have a higher resolution and higher the bit-rate then the video playback looks really good. But this all can be determine while converting or creating a video. I will recommend you to transfer your songs and video via iTunes which will set the appropriate settings.
Old 22-03-2010

The storage size is also a factor for the video quality. Like if you have converted a dvd using the mpeg 2 format. The considerable size will be limited to an extent but sometime remains around 4 GB. So that eats up your space but still the quality is good. Much of the data is encoded and frames size are determined by default. The question still rise that what bit-rate and resolution you choose.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,