Thread: Error 0x800C013C when receiving emails in Outlook Express

Error 0x800C013C when receiving emails in Outlook Express

Hello everyone,
    I am having many issues with an Outlook Express while receiving an emails. Even my Outlook is not receiving emails from MSN. I am not able to fix this problems and getting screwed. I am getting an error which has the number as 0x800C013C when receiving emails in Outlook Express. Please provide the helpful solution to fix this issue.!! Hoping that someone would help me as soon as possible.!!
    Don't be afraid of darkness, it's in your heart anyway.

Re: Error 0x800C013C when receiving emails in Outlook Express

When you try to receive emails in Outlook Express, I guess that the following error message appears :
    • Enough disk space. Summary: (email account), Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure (SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C013C.

This problem occurs if the file is damaged Inbox.dbx. So work keep this is mind.

To resolve this problem, quit Outlook Express, then rename the file Inbox.dbx. When you restart Outlook Express, Inbox.dbx file is automatically regenerated. You, however, losing your old items to inbox. If you want some more information information on how to rename files, click the Start button, then click Help. Click the Index tab, type Rename the file and click on the topic from the list. Hope that this can help you.!!

The following steps will help you to resolve this problem :
    1. Quit Outlook Express.
    2. Click Start, point to Find and click Files or Folders.
    3. In the Named box, type inbox.dbx.
    4. In the Look In box, click your primary hard drive (usually drive C), then click Find Now.
    5. Click the right mouse button on the Inbox.dbx file, then click Rename.
    6. Inbox.old rename the file, then click OK.
    7. Start Outlook Express. This automatically creates a new file Inbox.dbx.

Re: Outlook not receiving emails from MSN

Please check your email account Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3), MSN, The Microsoft Network, with Outlook or Outlook Express, you can stop receiving emails. There is no error message and can successfully send emails from your POP3 account with MSN. This problem can occur if you install and run MSN Explorer version 6. so I would like to suggest you to download the latest version of MSN. You can determine if you are using version 6 or later MSN Explorer by checking the Product Version which would be 6.00.0010.0900. To use a POP3 email client (like Outlook or Outlook Express) to check for messages on MSN, not upgrade now to version 6 of MSN Explorer. Version 6 of MSN Explorer does not support POP3 email accounts. Instead, the MSN Explorer version 6 using MSN Hotmail.

Re: Outlook not receiving emails from MSN

Msn6.exe is hidden by default, so you can only see it if you have disabled the options in Windows Explorer can not see the file. To view this file, do the following :
    1. Click the right mouse button (mouse) in My Computer, and then click Explore.
    2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
    3. On the View tab, uncheck the option Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and Hide extensions for known file types and then select the Show all hidden files and folders.
    4. Click OK.

You can not use MSN Explorer version 6 with a POP3 email client. When you uninstall MSN Explorer version 6 by using Add or Remove Programs control panel, mail messages are not migrated back to the POP3 mail server. If your mail messages have been migrated to the new MSN Hotmail, MSN offers options to re-convert the account to configure POP3 or Outlook Express to use the MSN Hotmail account.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination