Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-03-2010

Error : "Msimn.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows" in Outlook Express

Hello friends,
When I am using an Outlook Express, I am getting the following message :
  • Msimn.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You must restart the program. A register of errors.
I even reinstalled the application but the problem still continues. Please help me by providing the proper solution for an Error : "Msimn.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows" in Outlook Express Help me as early as possible.!!
Old 20-03-2010

Re: Error : "Msimn.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows" in Outlook Express

When you use Outlook Express, you may receive another error which is similar to yours :
  • MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module MSOE.DLL.
These both errors may be due to one of the following circumstances :
  • . Dbx files are marked as Read Only.
  • The Identities registry key is damaged.
512 RAM
Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
BIOS: Dell A00
Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
Windows XP Home SP2
Old 20-03-2010

Re: Error : "Msimn.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows" in Outlook Express

To resolve this problem, first make sure that the. DBX files are not Read Only. If the problem persists, rebuild the registry key identities. Also I would like to tell you for backing up the messages and addresses that are present in an Outlook Express. Because there are chances that while doing some settings your messages and addresses may get wiped off. So for safe side, always backup your messages and addresses. To resolve this problem, first make sure that the. DBX files are not Read Only. If the problem persists, rebuild the registry key identities.
Old 20-03-2010

. Dbx files are the archive files from Outlook Express folders. If these files are marked as Read Only, you can not access them. This could happen, for example, recently restored the files from a backup CD-ROM. To remove the Read Only attribute, follow these steps :
  1. Click Start, Search, and then click Files and folders.
  2. In the Name field, type *. dbx, and then set the search so as to include the local hard drive.
  3. Click Find Now, and when the results are displayed, click the column header in the folder to group items by location.
  4. Click the right mouse button (mouse) in the first file in the folder, click Properties, click the General tab, uncheck the Read Only check box and then click OK.
  5. Repeat step 4 for each file in the folder and test Outlook Express.
QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500
Old 20-03-2010

By default, files are stored in an Identities folder under a path similar to one of the following :
  • Drive: \ Documents and Settings \ username \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Identities \ (114378F3-CC8A-4992-B5B4-CCEA0A42A2B6) \ Microsoft \ Outlook Express
or
  • Drive: \ Windows \ Application Data \ Identities \ (114378F3-CC8A-4992-B5B4-CCEA0A42A2B6) \ Microsoft \ Outlook Express
where Drive is the drive letter. The GUID number above (114378F3-CC8A-4992-B5B4-CCEA0A42A2B6), is just one example. The search results will vary.
Old 20-03-2010

To regenerate the Identities Registry Key :
  1. Click the Start button, click Run, then type regedit. Click OK.
  2. Scroll through the registry to the following key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Identities
  3. On the Registry menu, click Export Registry File.
  4. In the Save In box, click Desktop.
  5. In the File name box, type Identities and click Save.
  6. In Registry Editor, click the right mouse button on the Identities key, and then click Delete.
  7. Exit the Registry Editor and then start Outlook Express to test functionality.
You can now restore your mail, addresses and accounts.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,