Entourage Error code 16999

Hi,

I am having trouble receiving email. I'm using Entourage 2008 on a Mac
    and when I try to send / receive, I get this the below error message:

Error: Could not retrieve mail from the account "Ameeryan"
    Explanation: The POP server returned an unexpected reply to a
    command that Entourage issued.
    Error: -16999

I rebooted. I went to the mail server (NT) and eliminated. Also, I tried to create a POP email account through apple. Same result. How do I solve this problem ?

Re: Entourage Error code 16999

To remove Entourage Error code 16999. Try connecting your Internet account directly with your email account via the Internet, this method is the preferred way to eliminate damage emails from your mail server. For instructions on how to do, ask your Internet service provider (ISP) documentation on email and email services.

Use an application or third party software. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance of these products, reliability or safety. Remove the damaged message using the tools that are available online. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Visit the following Web page: mail2web.com
    2. Select Secure Login.
    3. Enter your e-mail and password in the appropriate boxes, then click Check Mail.
    4. Click to select the check box next to the first email and then click Delete Selected.
    5. When the confirmation message, click Yes
    6. Try to receive email in Entourage
    7. If the error message still appears, continue to delete e-mails, one by one, and try to receive e-mail after each deletion until the error message no longer appears.

That still sounds like a problem with the database file. To test the connection , select the Entourage menu -> Switch Identity and create a their accounts of problem. You may choose to do this with an IMAP server or your Exchange account so that you download the messages. If you see this problem under the new identity, then the database can be irreparable if it is not useful database is the solution your problem. The next steps would be to move data between the old and the new one.

This could be happening because of a corrupted message on the server. Try accessing your email account through a web mail service and then delete any spam, including probably the oldest message on the server. Try using the password has selected and unselected. In the Account window, select "Click here for advanced options button. Toggle "Always use secure password. Try to receive mail again.

Error code 16999 is a known bug, however, delete all messages through webmail should have done the work, so to be absolutely sure, access your email account via webmail and verify that there is absolutely no mail mail left on the POP3 server. If that's the case, and still receive the error message, you may want to rebuild your database. You can do this by holding down the Option key when starting Entourage and selecting the "Rebuild Database" from the available options. Note however that this should be used as a last resort, as the reconstruction of your database means that you will lose all associations.