Thread: Error message while trying to use Acrobat Distiller to distill a PostScript file created in Publisher 2007

Error message while trying to use Acrobat Distiller to distill a PostScript file created in Publisher 2007

Hi friends,
    I am getting an error message whenever I am trying to distill a PostScript file. This file was created in Publisher 2007 and now I am trying to use Acrobat Distiller to distill that specific file. Everytime I am getting an error : "<Font name> not found". I am not able to fix this problem. So please tell me about some solutions for an error message while trying to use Acrobat Distiller to distill a PostScript file created in Publisher 2007 Provide some useful solution soon.!!

Re: Error message while trying to use Acrobat Distiller to distill a PostScript file created in Publisher 2007

When you try to use Adobe Acrobat Distiller to convert a PostScript file that was created by Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Office Publisher 2003, an error message is similar to the following may appear :
    Code:
    %% [ProductName: Distiller]%%
     %% [Error: Times-Roman not found.  Font can not be embedded.  ]%%
     %% [Error: invalidfont; OffendingCommand: findfont]%%

Stack:
     / Font
     (Times-Roman)
     true
     / 256
     / F0
     false
     / Times-Roman

%% [Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored]%%
     %% [Warning: PostScript error.  No PDF file produced.  ]%%
     Distill Time: 1 seconds (00:00:01)
     **** End of Job ****
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

Re: Error message while trying to use Acrobat Distiller to distill a PostScript file created in Publisher 2007

This problem occurs because the printer driver Helvetica and time (Roman) that the fonts resident in printer and printer driver is configured to replace the device fonts for some TrueType fonts. Printer resident fonts are fonts that are resident on the printer and not on your computer. Acrobat Distiller does not outline font Helvetica-hours (Roman), which causes it to generate the error message.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

This error message may appear even if the following conditions are met :
    1. The composition does not appear to include Times Roman or Helvetica.
    2. The option to use only fonts composition of the Graphics and Fonts tab of the Settings dialog box Advanced Print is selected.

The error message you receive may identify Helvetica instead of time-(Roman).
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

To resolve this problem of the active composition, follow these steps :
    1. In the File menu, click Page Setup.
    2. Click the Printer and Paper tab.
    3. Click on the name of the printer you are using and then click Properties.
    4. Click Advanced.
    5. In the graphic section, change the option to download TrueType fonts as soft fonts.
    6. Click OK, then click OK.

If you use a different version of Acrobat, the procedure will be slightly different. Consult your documentation to determine which version you have. To configure Acrobat Distiller 6.0 to ignore the error message, follow these steps :
    1. Click Start, point to All Programs, then click Acrobat Distiller 6.0.
    2. In Settings, click Edit Adobe PDF settings.
    3. Click the Font tab.
    4. In the list When embedding fails, click Display a warning and continue.
    5. Click OK.