Thread: Transparent Objects cannot be printed correctly in PowerPoint

Transparent Objects cannot be printed correctly in PowerPoint

Hello friends,
    I am having an issue while taking the print outs from the PowerPoint. I never used to take print outs from the PowerPoint, so I don't know from when this problem started. Whenever I try to print out some transparent objects that are presented on the PowerPoint, it is not printed correctly. Otherwise when I take the prints of the normal documents, it gets printed properly. So I don't think that there is something wrong with the printer or operating system. Please provide me the solution for the transparent objects which are not printed correctly in PowerPoint. Thanks in Advance.!!
    AMD Sempron 2800+ @ 2Ghz
    Asus A7V8X-LA
    120Gb Seagate barracuda 7200Rpm Ultra-ATA 100
    Elixir 512mb DDR Pc3200 (Soon 1Gb)
    Club 3D Radeon 9600 256Mb
    Lite-On Cd & Dvd writer combo
    IDE-Dvd drive
    400w Psu
    Windows Xp Pro Sp2
    Advent Wireless Mouse & Keyboard.

Re: Transparent Objects cannot be printed correctly in PowerPoint

When you print a presentation with transparent fill and graphics in Microsoft PowerPoint, the printout may not see as well as the slide is on screen. Instead, the transparent areas appear grainy and irregular. PowerPoint supports the use of high quality images on screen presentations led by the projector. This screen functionality makes it more difficult to match the display on the screen with the printed output. That's why you are facing this problem.

A feature that was added to the screen presentation was supported for this property is true transparent merger. Support for this property is True transparency means that the color of a semi-transparent pixel is blurred with the color behind it. Transparency in graphs is available in PowerPoint in many ways: pictures, solid color fills and gradients melted. Technology printer supports a color format that contains chain transparency. Printers only support the following color formats: RGB, CMYK and grayscale. Printers can not merge all pixels in the same way that occurs for display on the screen.

If you create a presentation that is intended for printed output, the best solution is to avoid semi-transparent objects if you can. If you must use translucent objects, and if so which allows PowerPoint simulates the effect of transparency for print is not satisfactory, there are workarounds for transparent pixels merge together before the effect is sent to printer. You can create an image of the slide or a portion of the slide. This merges all transparent pixels correctly when creating the image. If there is only a small area of the slide is covered with an object semi-transparent and if this area has an opaque background, a better solution is to group the shapes, then convert a single image. Again, it merges all the transparent pixels when you create the image.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

I would like to suggest you to convert the objects in an image. The following steps would be useful for doing the same :
    1. Select elements of the slide that you want to convert into an image.
    2. Click the right mouse button on selected objects, point to Group and then click Group.
    3. In the Edit menu, click Cut.
    4. In the Edit menu, click Paste Special.
    5. In the dialog Paste Special, click on the image (PNG), and then click OK.
    6. Reposition the image on the slide.
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

If the effect of transparency includes more objects in the slide, you can save the entire slide as a graphic and then print it separately or as part of the presentation.
    1. In the File menu, click Page Setup.
    2. Make sure the slide where you want to save as a graphic is the slide that is visible in the slide pane.
    3. In the File menu, click Save As.
    4. In the dialog box Save As, click PNG Portable Network Graphics (*. png) in the type of file, then click Save.
    5. Click current slide only.

You should keep in mind that the PNG format uses a compression algorithm "lossless" which makes it more suitable for printing than other formats.
    Blessings to you