Thread: Printed message is very small after printing an e-mail message in Office Outlook 2003

Printed message is very small after printing an e-mail message in Office Outlook 2003

Hi friends,
    I am facing a problem while printing an e-mail messages from the Outlook. Normally when I print any other documents, it gets printed properly. But when I try to print the messages of an e-mail from an Outlook, then the printed message is very small. It is so small that can't be read properly. I have tried to change many settings of the printer but still this problem is persisting. Maybe I am not doing the settings properly, so thought to take some advice from you. Please tell me solution for the printed message which is very small after printing an e-mail message in Office Outlook 2003..!!
    ~*~Silent~Kid~*~
    "To The World You May Be Just One Person, But To One Person You May Be The World"

Re: Printed message is very small after printing an e-mail message in Office Outlook 2003

When you print an e-mail message in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 or Microsoft Outlook Express, the printed message is so small it is unreadable. If possible try to upgrade your Microsoft Office because this problem does not occur in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. Normally this kind of problem occurs because the "Shrink to Fit" feature of Outlook 2003 which is automatically enabled. Due to this feature, if the content of an e-mail that you are printing is wider than the width of the paper, the message size automatically gets reduced to fit on the paper. If the message size is reduced too much, the printed message is so small it is unreadable.

Re: Printed message is very small after printing an e-mail message in Office Outlook 2003

According to me, you should download the latest hotfix that is available from Microsoft technical support. This hotfix is intended to correct the problem that is mentioned by you. Also you should know that there are no prerequisites for installing that hotfix. If the problem is still persisting then there should be something wrong with the settings of your Office. Then it would be better if you reinstall the Office. Reinstalling the Office might fix an issue.

I was having the similar issue which I solved by removing some images that was present in an email. So I would like to recommend you that if To work around this problem, remove the large images of email. Or, insert spaces and new lines in the email to reduce the size of the message. Then, print the message again. Hope by doing this your problem will also get solved. Otherwise I would also recommend you to reinstall the application.

Even after reinstalling an application if you are having the same problem then try to modify the registry. You can configure the specifications of the "Shrink to Fit" in Outlook 2003. For doing this do the following steps :
    Click Start, click Run, type regedit.exe and click OK.
    1. In Registry Editor, locate the following registry key and click on it :
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ MAIN \ FeatureControl \ FEATURE_STF_Scale_Min
    2. In Outlook 2003, double-click Outlook.exe in the details pane, type 75 in the Value data box and click OK.

I would like to explain you more about the number that you edit in registry. You can enter any number from 30 to 100 depends on your content present in an email. The number type represents the minimum scaling percentage that will use the "Shrink to Fit". For example, if you type 75, the message will not print less than 75 percent the size of the original message. If Outlook.exe value is missing, you must create. To do this, follow these steps :
    1. On the Edit menu, point to New click DWORD Value, type Outlook.exe, and then press ENTER.
    2. Double-click Outlook.exe, type 75 and click OK.