Thread: How to burn disc with Finder

How to burn disc with Finder

Hi,
    If there is not burning software in a mac PC and that too a older model then does it possible to create a simple data cd in it. I had found some information in the help column that I can burn a disc by using the Finder. I need steps for that. How to do that. And the same is possible with iTunes. What about mp3 cd's. My need is that without any software how can I quickly create a disc.

Re: How to burn disc with Finder

The method of drag and drop to CD / DVD is bit easy. Mac OS X gives you the opportunity to make a few clicks your CD / DVD data backup (Files, folders) directly from the Finder. Here's how this method. Just insert a blank cake in your burner and then follow the instructions window appears on the screen. Your data disc will be ready. You can also create audio cd like this.

When you drag file in the disc you will get a popup menu giving you the choice between different applications with which you can make a print from your CD / DVD. You can even choose one on your hard drive the Toast Titanium for example) if you select Open other application. Well, as we are here to burn from the Finder, of course you have to choose Open Finder in the menu. Then click OK. The icon for the CD / DVD appears on the desktop. Just drag your files.

It is possible to rename your CD / DVD by right-clicking (or ctrl + click) once on Untitled DVD by going to the menu Rename and typing the name you want. You can change this name only before you start writing otherwise after that it will be impossible. You can simply drag and drop any files or folders you want to burn on the icon of the blank CD / DVD.

Once all files / folders are ready the dragged onto the icon for the CD / DVD blank, it'll just start burning. Either by moving the icon of the CD / DVD to the Trash will remove the burn folder of you can keep it for future use also. But this gives you only limited features of creating a quick data cd or dvd. The recording starts and in a few moments your CD / DVD will be ready.

It is possible to create a audio disc and mp3 cd in iTunes. Here just drag and drops works. You can also burn a disc from the Finder. It is a new feature of Tiger and the same is in Snow Leopard. You can create a burn folder. So you have two ways to burn CD / DVD from the Finder first by inserting a blank CD / DVD and drag files on the disk and then other method is to create a burn folder then click on Burn to start writing.

thes best is to use nero