Thread: How to remove limewire from computer

How to remove limewire from computer

I have this software LimeWire which i have downloaded it today and i have got two songs and after that i tried to delete the files and the songs, but i was not able to delete them, it was saying that the files are opened by another program. I have these songs in iTunes but i have disabled the sharing of it and now the problem is that it won't let me to delete all the unwanted data. My computer works on windows Vista, please help me to remove limewire form my computer.

Re: How to remove limewire from computer

In order to remove this software you need to go to the control panel and from there you can go to the programs and features and there find it downloaded software which is LimeWire. After finding it you can remove it or uninstall it from the computer. This is the basic method by which any software which is installed in your computer can be removed by a single click. After removing it then you need to restart your computer.

You need to delete all the files which are related to the Limewire from the computer. You can follow all the steps in order to remove the files from the computer.
    1. First go to My Computer
    2. Then click on the Local Disk C: drive
    3. After that you need to click on the Program Files folder
    4. From there you need to delete the following files which are mentioned below.
    Program Files\Common Files\limewire
    Program Files\limeshop
    Program Files\limewire

If you are not able to delete them when it says you can't delete it because it is being used by another program then go to the Windows Task Manager by pressing (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and then click on the tab which is called processes. After that look for limewire, and then click on it and click button of End Process. After that you can uninstall it form the comtrol panel and also you can delete its files from the C: drive.

You can go to the c:\Program Files\LimeWire which is the default location install directory, so you need to look if it is present, if it is there then you need to delete it. You can also delete the files from computers registry editor but to do this method you need to be very careful. You need to go to the Start then to Run and type regedit. Aftert that under the HKAY_Local_Machine\Software folder there might be the LimeWire directory. You need to delete that, reboot your computer, and after that you can check it out.