Thread: What is the High Level Assembly Language?

What is the High Level Assembly Language?

Hello friends,
    I am an intermediate programmer, and I have done only basic things of Visual Basic for Applications in a MS Excel. Now while going through the tutorial I just found the high level assembly language. That was not explained properly in the notes, so I thought to ask you guys!! Please tell me what is the High Level Assembly Language? Since, I don't know much about it, provide me the detailed information about the HLA language.

Re: What is the High Level Assembly Language?

The High Level Assembly (HLA) is an assembly language that can use high-level language to assist in x86 assembly language, programmers both beginners and advanced developers alike. The HLA supports, assembly language, advanced data types and object-oriented programming. It uses a syntax similar to those of several high-level languages like C / C + +, Ada, Modula-2, and Pascal, to enable the creation of readable assembly language programs, and to learn as quickly as possible HLA programmers coming from the high-level language.

The HLA was originally conceived as a tool to teach assembly language programming at university level. The idea is to exploit knowledge in programming for students to learn assembly language as quickly as possible. Most students taking a course in assembly language programming have already been introduced to control structures of high level, such as IF, WHILE, REPEAT .. UNTIL, FOR, etc.. The HLA allows students to apply early in the course that knowledge of programming in assembly language coding, allowing dominate other matters necessary in advance before learning how to code low-level forms of these structures of control.

A common misconception is that HLA is not a "low-level assembly" as the products MASM from Microsoft or TASM of Borland. Usually, people develop false idea after watching a program typical "hello world" written on the HLA, which consists of a single macro invocation for the body of the program :
    Code:
    program HelloWorld; # include ( "stdlib.hhf") 
    begin HelloWorld; stdout.put ( "Hello World" nl) 
    end HelloWorld;

The HLA supports all machine instructions low level as the other x86 assemblers and, indeed, the structures of high-level control of the HLA is based on those found in MASM and TASM, the characteristics of higher level language level for several years preceding the arrival of HLA. In HLA, you can write low-level assembly code as easily as any other assembly, simply ignoring the language control constructs high level of HLA. Features such as high-level language appear in the HLA to provide a learning aid for developers who are starting with the assumption that discontinued the use of these rulings when set to dominate the low-level instructions.
    Blessings to you

The language in the HLA compile time allows programmers to easily extend the HLA language, even creating their own domain-specific languages to help them solve common programming problems easily. The macro stdout.put briefly described above is a good example of a sophisticated macro that can simplify the lives of programmers. The HLA Standard Library is an extensive set of prewritten routines and macros, the macro stout.put as described above, that make life easier for programmers, saving them from "reinventing the wheel" each time they write a new application. Perhaps just as importantly, the HLA Standard Library allows programmers to write portable applications that run under Windows or Linux with nothing more than a recompilation of the source code.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination