Thread: Itunes error 9800

Itunes error 9800

Hi,

I have a iphone 3G. I have installed itunes 8 on my windows xp pc. Earlier it was working fine but while downloading the new updates for the Iphone, I am getting error 9800. The pop up comes as soon as I try to download. I don't know how to solve it. Has anybody else encountered this Itunes error 9800 ??

Re: Itunes error 9800

Check the signal indicator in the status bar at the top of the screen. If there are no bars, or if you see the "No service", try moving to another location. If you're indoors, try to leave out or move near a window. Make sure you are in an area with network coverage. Visit the Web site of your carrier to see what are the areas covered by the network.

If that does not work, restore the iPhone. To restore the iPhone software, simultaneously press the button Sleep / Wake and Home button for at least ten seconds until you see the Apple logo. If that does not work, restore the iPhone. Keep the button pressed simultaneously Sleep / Wake and Home button for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

iTunes backs up most of the settings found on the iPhone and iPod touch, however, downloaded applications and content audio, video and photography are not included in the backup. If you restore from a backup of iTunes, the iPhone and iPod touch settings, downloaded applications, photos, audio and video will be re-synchronize to the device, because in their iTunes cards will be selected "Sync".

In iTunes you can upgrade the software iPhone by following the below steps. When you start the upgrade process, iTunes makes a backup standard.

1. Before you upgrade, make sure to install and run the latest version of iTunes.
    2. Connect your iPhone to your computer.
    3. Select your iPhone when you see in the Devices section in iTunes.
    4. Select the tab Summary.
    5. Click Check for updates

Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and iPhone OS. Download the latest version of iTunes, So be sure to install it. Connect the iPhone to iTunes and synchronize your clock current. Verify that it runs back up the original iPhone. Then connect the iPhone to iTunes (using the same computer used to back up the current iPhone).