Thread: How to set password for word and excel files to open them

How to set password for word and excel files to open them

I am having lots of the important Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel documents stored in the system. Recently one of my friend mistakenly edited some of them. Now i am not able to edit it again to original content. I want to know that how to set password for word and excel files to open them. So that files cannot be opened without the password. It will be safe and secure after that. reply back as soon as possible with the solution.

Re: How to set password for word and excel files to open them

You want to password protect the Microsoft word and the Microsoft excel documents stored on your desktop computer system. The reason for this is that, recently your friend edited some document and you are not able to get back the original content of it. So after protecting it anyone cannot access the documents without the password. First of all mention that which Microsoft office version you are using. Microsoft office 2003 or Microsoft office 2007.

I am also having the same kind of problem.I am having Microsoft office 2003 version installed in my computer system. So provide me the password protection procedure of the Microsoft word and the excel documents for the office 2003. If possible also provide for the office 2007 for the future purpose if i will upgrade from the office 2003 to office 2007. Provide the required information as soon as possible.

So you are using the Microsoft office 2003 version in your desktop computer system. For password protecting the word files in the system after editing or completing the documentation select the save as option from the menu for saving that word file on the system. After that the new windows will appear on the display. Select the location for saving it. After that click on the Tools tab and select the general option from the list available. Now you will be asked to enter the password for opening and editing the document. Complete the procedure and save the file.

For password protecting the Microsoft excel files so that it cannot be opened or edited by the other persons, do the following carefully. After completing changes select the save as option. select the location for saving , after that click on the tools tab available in the save as window. After that select the general options, now enter the password for opening and editing the excel sheet. Now the excel sheet is password protected.

However the procedure is same for the Microsoft office 2007 also. You can only password protect the Office word and excel documents by opening and editing by other persons. But remember that these files cannot be protected by deletion by other peoples. The files will be deleted if someone will delete it. The system does not asks the password for deleting the word or the excel files.