Thread: Error : "No printer is installed" while trying to print or fax document

Error : "No printer is installed" while trying to print or fax document

Hello everyone,
    I am facing very strange problem. Many times when I try to print or fax the document I am getting an error. The error stats that "No printer is installed", even if the printer is connected properly to the system. I have tried to do lot of things but the problem was not resolved. So I thought that some wise guys over there can help me.!! So please tell me solution for an Error : "No printer is installed" which comes while trying to print or fax document Reply me as early as possible.!!

Re: Error : "No printer is installed" while trying to print or fax document

If you have a printer connected to the computer, but you do not have a default printer configured, use the Add Printer Wizard to install the printer and set as default. If your printer is already installed, proceed as follows :
    1. In the Start menu, point to Settings, then click Printers.
    2. Click the right mouse button on the printer and click Set As Default on the shortcut menu.

In Microsoft Windows XP, click Printers and Faxes on the Start menu.

When such message gets generated then there are chances that a printer driver is damaged and requires the relocation. You must have your CD-ROM Microsoft Windows, the disk driver printer or CD-ROM printer vendor to complete this procedure.
    1. In the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Printers.
    2. Click the right mouse button on your default printer, then click Delete. If you are prompted if you want to delete additional files on the system, click Yes.
    3. Double-click the Add Printer icon and follow the instructions to reinstall your printer driver.

In Microsoft Windows XP, click Printers and Faxes on the Start menu.

You may need to correct the Win.ini file. To perform this procedure, you must know the name of your printer driver. This question does not apply to Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 2000 or Windows XP to Microsoft. The Win.ini file is used in Microsoft Windows 98 and Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me) to load certain parameters for the system. In Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 2000 and Microsoft Windows XP, the WIN.INI file is used for backward compatibility.

I would like to recommend you to create a new Win.ini file. The following steps would be useful for doing that :
    1. In the Start menu, point to Find and then click Files or Folders.
    2. In the Name box, type Win.ini.
    3. In the Look In list, click on your local hard drive, then click Search.
    4. Click the right mouse button on the Win.ini file, click Rename and type Win.old.
    5. Close all programs that are running, insert your CD-ROM for Windows and then run Setup.
    6. Follow the wizard instructions to finish installing Windows.

This error message can occur if the software IBM/400 Client Access is installed. You can resolve the problem by uninstalling software Client Access IBM/400, but this may not be ideal in most cases. If you receive this error message when you try to send a fax, has perhaps a problem with the way your fax software is configured. You should update your software that you use while printing the documents or sending the Fax.
    Blessings to you