Thread: How to Arrange the contents of the Labels in Word?

How to Arrange the contents of the Labels in Word?

Hello friends,
    I have just learned about the labels in MS Word. I also made some labels with the basic contents. But still I don't know about arranging the contents of the Labels that are used in Word. I have tried many things but I am not getting the proper results, so I thought to take help from you guys.!! Please tell me how to arrange the contents of the labels in word? Please help me as soon as possible.!!

Re: How to Arrange the contents of the Labels in Word?

Insert merge fields where you want to merge names, addresses and other information, such as the postal bar code. For example, insert the merge field "city" to have Word insert a city name, like "Bombay", which is stored in the City data field. To insert merge fields, follow these steps :
    1. In the main document, click where you want to insert the field.
    2. Address block with name, address and other information :
      • Click Address block.
      • In the dialog box Insert address block, select the address elements you want to include and the formats you want, and then click OK.
      • For help with an option, click the question mark and then click the option.
    Blessings to you

You can add the Greeting line by doing the following steps :
    1. Click Greeting line.
    2. Select the format of the greeting line, which includes the salutation, name format, and following punctuation.
    3. Select the text you want to appear in cases in which Word can not interpret the recipient's name, for example, when the data source contains no first or last name of the recipient, but only the name of the company.
    4. Click OK.
    5. If you see the Match Fields dialog box, Microsoft Word may be unable to find any information you need for the greeting line.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

To add electronic postage, you must first install an electronic postage program, such as buying a service on the World Wide Web. To use electronic postage, follow these steps :
    1. Click Electronic postage.
    2. To add electronic postage, you must first install an electronic postage program, such as buying a service on the World Wide Web.

In Word 2003 and earlier versions of Word, you can also use the Mail Merge toolbar to insert merge fields, work with the main document merge or run a mail merge. To display the Mail Merge toolbar, select Letters and Mailings on the Tools menu and then click Show Mail Merge toolbar. The Mail Merge toolbar provides additional commands not included in the task panes Merge Wizard. For example, you can use the Insert Field drop-down menu in Word Mail Merge toolbar to insert Word fields in order to control the process of combination (for example, an IF field that inserts text only if a particular merge field has a specified value). Or you can click Check For Errors to have Word run the mail merge and report any error in the main document.
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

To format the merged data, you must format the combined data of the main document. Do not format the data in the data source, because its formatting is not retained when you merge the data into the document. To change the format of the merged data, follow these steps :
    1. In the main document, select the field that contains the information you want to format, including the characters ( "" "") merge field surrounding it.
    2. In Word 2003 and earlier versions of Word, click Font on the Format menu and select the options you want.

In Word 2007, on the Startup tab, click Font in the Font group to open the Font dialog box and then select the options you want.
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500