Thread: Error:"Problem retrieving printer information" in Access 2003

Error:"Problem retrieving printer information" in Access 2003

Hi everyone,
    I am having MS Office 2003 installed in my system. I recently have started getting some strange errors in Access 2003 while printing. The error pops up stating that "Problem retrieving printer information". I have checked the printer but it was connected properly. I am not able to fix that error. So please tell some solutions about an Error:"Problem retrieving printer information" in Access 2003!! Please reply me as soon as possible.!!

Re: Error:"Problem retrieving printer information" in Access 2003

Microsoft Office XP includes functionality that you can use to obtain more information about difficult to resolve alerts or error messages. If you want to enable this functionality for this error message and other error messages in Office XP, I would like to recommend you to download the customizable alerts Microsoft Office XP from the Microsoft Web site Office Update. As there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the procedure may be different on your computer.

According to me, the regional settings for your computer may be corrupted. Do the following things to fix up the regional settings :
    1. Click on Start, point to Settings, then click the Control Panel.
    2. Double-click Regional Settings.
    3. In the Regional Settings tab, choose a different setting from the list and click OK.
    4. Restart your computer.
    5. In the Regional Settings tab in the Control Panel, click the original to the new locale.
    6. Click OK and restart your computer.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

I would like to suggest you to update printer settings for reports. You can do that by following the steps given below :
    1. Quit Access.
    2. Click Start, point to Settings, then click Printers and Faxes.
    3. Click the right mouse button on the printer problem, and then click Properties.
    4. In the Properties dialog box, click Printing Preferences.
    5. Click on each tab in the Options dialog box to print without making changes.
    6. Click OK to close the Print Options dialog box.
    7. Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.
    8. Restart Access, and then try again to create the report.
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

If you are using the Windows XP as operating system, then use the command NET.exe to establish a permanent connection. To do this, use the following syntax at the command prompt :
    • <x> lpt net use \ \ server <Print> \ <share name> / persistent: yes

<x> where is the port number of printer you want to map, where "print server" is the print server sharing the printer, and "sharename" is the name of the printer share.

This error also get generated when the printer driver gets damaged. If so, follow the steps mentioned below :
    1. Click Start, point to Settings and click Printers.
    2. Click the right mouse button on your default printer, then click Delete. If you are prompted to remove extra files that remain on your system, click Yes.
    3. Double-click Add Printer and follow the instructions to reinstall your printer driver.
    When you reinstall your printer driver, Microsoft Windows corrects many system files and registry keys. If your printer model is not listed in the Manufacturers and Printers lists, check the list of hardware compatibility for an updated driver.