Thread: How to fix printing problems in Microsoft Money?

How to fix printing problems in Microsoft Money?

Hello friends,
    I am finding many problems while printing in the Microsoft Money. Many times an error pops up stating that the printer is not detected. Other times the selected transaction area doesn't gets printed properly. I have tried many ways but I am not able to resolve that issues. So I thought to take some advice from you guys.!! Please tell me how to fix printing problems in Microsoft Money? Hoping that someone would help me soon.
    Do not email me asking for tech support. Any private support is billable at $50 an hour.

Re: How to fix printing problems in Microsoft Money?

Verify that the correct verification rate is selected. If you are working with the Microsoft Money 97, then follow the steps to resolve an issue of printing :
    1. On the File menu, choose Print Settings, and then Check the configuration.
    2. In the Print Setup dialog box, click Check printing.
    3. In the Type box checking, select the right kind of verification and then click OK.

After selecting the correct verification rate, your problem must get resolved.

If you are working with the Microsoft Money 98 or later, then the following steps would be useful for troubleshooting your problems of printing :
    1. On the File menu, choose Print Settings, and then Check the configuration.
    2. In the printer box, click the printer you want to use.
    3. To protect, select the type and origin.
    4. If you want the address of the payee on all checks, click to select the check box address for the recipient to print checks, and then click OK.

Before you start the printing checks, you should be sure to click Print this transaction in the box the number of transactions for printing. The column number of checks that indicate they are ready to print Print.

I would recommend you to align and print checks in Money, because many times doing this fixes the issue. The following steps would help you in doing that :
    1. Check that you have successfully loaded blank checks in the printer and the printer is ready.
    2. Open the account containing the checks to print.
    3. Verify that the transaction have Print to print appears on the box number.
    4. If printing is not displayed, click the transaction, click Edit, table number click Print this transaction and then click ENTER.
    5. On the File menu, click Print checks.
    6. Click Print to print test sample information to check the alignment.
    7. Adjust the alignment. To do this, follow these steps :
      • For laser checks, click Options.
      • For matrix-style checks, manually adjust the position of the blank checks in the printer.
    8. After setting the printer, repeat steps 4 and 5 to verify that the alignment is correct.
    Blessings to you

When you print a partial sheet or a single check to a LaserJet printer from Hewlett-Packard, if the manual tray is not available or can not print a partial sheet laser checks correctly from the manual tray, use the tray with envelopes Center source option to print a check at a time. Checks will print correctly if the following conditions are met :
    1. The printer is installed correctly.
    2. The following correct settings are selected in the dialog box.
      • Check type
      • Printer
      • Check source
    3. Findings are fed into the printer correctly.
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

If you print a single check on a laser printer, make sure that remains is the final check on the sheet, i.e. one with the blank strip of paper attached. You will have to ensures that the alignment changes even with a single check. Additionally, partial-page always checks manually feeding (leaves with one or two checks left) and use the tray guides to focus and protect the checks in place. I would recommend you to examine the data line format. If this indicates EMF, try printing without using the spooler. To change the queue configuration, follow these steps :
    1. Click Start, select Settings, and then click Printers.
    2. Click the right mouse button on the printer icon and then click Properties.
    3. On the Details tab, click Spool Settings and then click Print directly to the printer.
    4. Try printing again.
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500