Thread: set up wordpress shopping cart

set up wordpress shopping cart

Hello to all,
    I love to use WordPress for publishing information because of its easiness. I want to use it for single product website. I want to include both a blog and a shop on a site. Please help me in set up wordpress shopping cart. If you know any information about it, then please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: set up wordpress shopping cart

You have to use WP e-Commerce to set up wordpress shopping cart. IT is one of th most popular plugin of wordpress. It has following features.

1.WordPress Integration: You will install WP e-Commerce in minutes. Just like all well architectured plugins WP e-Commerce bolts right on. You simply download the plugin, copy it to your Plugins folder and activate it via your admin panel.

2.More Sales & More Hits : E-Commerce integrates seamlessly with the WordPress Update System – so when you upload a new product the world knows about it!

3.Social Networking : This help ensure your site is a success by providing you with a range of tools that allow you to import your products into the Facebook Marketplace and Google Base. WP e-Commerce also utilises the populor “Share This” plugin so that your happy customers can bookmark and promote your products too!

4. Payment Options : E-Commerce makes it easy for you to accept payments online. WP e-Commerce integrates with Google Checkout, Paypal, Authorize.net, Payment Express and many other trusted payment processors.

5. One Page Checkout : Evidence has shown that the less pages your customers have to browse to make a purchase the more sales you will make. WP e-Commerce is streamlined, quick and simple to use so that your customers have a great experiance shopping your site.

6. Design Perfectionist? : Not only do you get to choose from a range of slick store front styles but you can customize and tweak your site to look however you want. We have made it easy for you by utilising WordPress PHP template tags, WordPress shortcodes and WordPress Widgets.

Hey using this WP e-Commerce I am not able to change administration settings as the tabs doesn't allow to me access the payment options page or shipping. Then I use YAK for WordPress and it works fine. I think you also use this to fix this problem. There are significant changes in Version 2.0. Changes to shipping configuration, and shortcodes will require you to revisit both your configuration and the tags you're using in product posts. Upgrade with care -- make sure you backup first. It has following features.
    • Create products from either posts or pages
    • Downloadable products
    • Multiple product types -- price per type (i.e. small, medium, large) and quantity per type
    • Order administration -- filtering by date, status and order number
    • Products page with paging (simple alternative to viewing by category)
    • Configurable shipping (either flat rate or by weight unit)
    • Configurable shipping address
    • Configurable countries list

I think you have to install LiteCommerce and after that you have to use checkout desk mode which is as follows.
    The Checkout desk mode is specifically designed for merchants who already have existing online stores but are not satisfied with the way their shopping cart works at present. Using LiteCommerce on such stores expands their functionality by adding LiteCommerce shopping cart and checkout mechanisms. The list of modules which Checkout desk operation mode supports

- All commercial payment modules

- Real-time Shipping Quotes

- Admin zone features:

* AOM

* Advanced Security

* AntiFraud

* Cardinal Commerce

* Ecommerce Reports

* Froogle

* Inventory Tracking

* Live Updating

* MultiCategories

* Sns Integration (partially)

* X-Cart Import

- Customer zone features:

* Gift Certificates (partially)

* MultiCurrency

* Promotion

Hey you have to switch your Store to Checkout Desk Mode. You can do this in the following ways.
    At the final stage of integrating LiteCommerce into your store, you need to switch your LiteCommerce engine to Checkout Desk mode, specifically designed for this purpose (Refer to the section 'Checkout Desk Operating Mode' of this manual for further details):
    1. In the Administrator Zone choose the 'General Settings' section from the 'Settings' menu.
    2. Find the 'Checkout desk operation mode' option and place a checkmark in the box next to it (Figure 3-79).
    3. Click on the 'Submit' button.

You have to use PHPurchase For WordPress, which is the most popular Ecommerce Plugin. With PHPurchase you can have product options that change the price of the product and you can include custom fields for products as well. For example, you might want to allow your customer to enter a name to engrave on a product you are selling.

Suppose you are selling t-shirts that cost $15 each and you offer small, medium, large, and extra large sizes. You want to charge an extra $2.00 for the extra large size. You also have both white and navy blue colors. PHPurchase has two product option group fields for you to list these product variations. You would enter them as follows:

Option Group 1: Size: S, Size: M, Size: L, Size: XL +$2.00
    Option Group 2: Color: White, Color: Navy Blue