Thread: Suitable software for extracting audio from Vinyl record

Suitable software for extracting audio from Vinyl record

Hi,
    I have some old vinyl records given by my dad to create mp3 disc out of them. I had arranged a turntable for that. Now after getting properly connected the second need of mine is a good software which can extract audio out of the records to the computer. Is there a free software for this. What are you recommendations here which can be a better one.

Re: Suitable software for extracting audio from Vinyl record

Once your vinyl turntable properly connected on your Mac then you will be able to take action. It is also necessary that you have suitable software. The software Wiretap Studio is an easy solution for this. Other than this you can use Spin Doctor which is a shareware program and Amadeus Pro. This softwares will help you to extract audio from vinyl records.

For better quality support you need tools like Audacity, Spin Doctor or Amadeus Pro. You need a bit advance audio editing knowledge for the same. I here recommend to use Audacity. It is free and simply. I know that some operate with little freeware Audiocorder. It's technically possible, but fairly rudimentary software does not do anything but scan sounds. It is therefore not suitable for our purpose.

The choice is yours depending on your usage: it is only occasionally scan a vinyl record, needless to put you in charge, Audacity will fit the bill perfectly. If, however, you run into a long-term that is digitizing your vinyl records then you need the right tools and you have interest in acquiring a very complete, such as Amadeus Pro. That will be chargeable to you but worth tool.

Audacity has the advantage of being free and it supports multiple languages. It is fairly simple to use, it can already make a lot of things with your audio track. Its main drawback is that it was obviously originally designed for the Windows PC. It is published for Mac OS X suffers from the standpoint of appearance and ergonomics. So that is a problem sometime.

You can try Spin Doctor. But it comes with the suite of burning software Toast. So here you will need to buy a full pack. Overall, Spin Doctor provides the same functionality as Audacity. It is within the reach of beginners. But it shows much more efficient, particularly in the field of restoration of tracks from worn or scratched discs. Also, from my point of view, its interface is more pleasant, etc.