Thread: Cannot print a range of pages from e-mail message in Outlook 2007

Cannot print a range of pages from e-mail message in Outlook 2007

Hello friends,
    I have recently installed the MS Office 2007. In that I have noticed that every time I have to print only one page of an email message in HTML format. Also there is no Page Range section in the Print dialog box. Therefore, I am unable to print a page range. I have never faced this problem in MS Office 2003. Please give me solution for printing a range of pages from e-mail message in Outlook 2007..!! Help me as early as possible.!!

Re: Cannot print a range of pages from e-mail message in Outlook 2007

To avoid this problem, copy the section of the email in HTML format to print, paste the text in Microsoft Office Word 2007 and print the message. Or you can save the email as a document Portable Document File (PDF) or XML Paper Specification (XPS) and print these documents from the appropriate program. Hope that by doing this your problem will get fixed.

If you want to save an email as a PDF or XPS, follow these steps :
    1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, select Save As, and then click PDF or XPS.
    2. In the File Name list, type or select a name for the book.
    3. In the Save as type list, click PDF or XPS document.
    4. To open the file immediately after saving, click to select the check box Open file after publishing. This check box is available only if you have a PDF reader or an XPS viewer installed on your computer.
    5. Next to Optimize for, click Standard (publishing online and printing).
    6. Click OK and then click Publish.

To view a PDF file, you must have a PDF reader installed on your computer. One such reader is Acrobat Reader. This reader is available from Adobe Systems. You will have to download it from the Official site to prevent the chances of installing the infected applications. To view a file in XPS format, you must have a viewer. You can download a free viewer in the Downloads page from Microsoft Office Online. Once you install that you can view a file in XPS format.

If you are having an e-mail message in the HTML format, then you can print the message in an Internet Explorer. If you want to print the message in IE, then follow the steps given below :
    1. First you will have to open the e-mail message.
    2. Then on the Ribbon, click Other Actions, and then click View in Browser.
    3. Then select the text that you want to be printed.
    4. After selecting click the print option which is located on the File menu.
    5. In the Print dialog box, click Selection in the Page Range section, and then click Print.

For your information I would like to tell that in Outlook 2007, when you compare it from the previous versions of Outlook, the vast difference lies in the HTML messages. If you have used the earlier version you might have seen an option of printing range of pages from an email. This you would have done by using the printing engine from Internet Explorer. But you were not allowed to print the Rich Text Formatted (RTF) messages, even in the previous version of Outlook. Only HTML was able to print in older version of an Outlook.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!