Thread: How to configure Acrobat Distiller to work with Publisher 2007?

How to configure Acrobat Distiller to work with Publisher 2007?

Hi everyone,
    I want to know about the configuration of the Adobe Distiller so that I can use it with the Microsoft Office Publisher 2007. I want it so that I can use the PrePress-ready Portable Document Format (PDF) files from Publisher 2007. So please tell me how to configure Acrobat Distiller to work with Publisher 2007? Please help me as soon as possible.!!

Re: How to configure Acrobat Distiller to work with Publisher 2007?

To configure Acrobat Distiller to work with Publisher 2007 and Publisher 2003, you must perform two tasks :
    1. Configure the printer driver Adobe PDF so that it works correctly with Publisher 2007 and Publisher 2003.
    2. Create a file of job options (. Joboptions) for Adobe Acrobat Distiller.

You should know that you must avoid the three mistakes most common PostScript encountered when using Adobe Acrobat Distiller with Publisher 2007 and Publisher 2003.

Re: How to configure the printer driver Adobe PDF to work with Publisher 2007?

You should know how to configure the printer driver Adobe PDF to work with Publisher 2007. The following steps would be useful for doing that :
    1. Click Start, click Printers and Faxes.
    2. Click the right mouse button on the Adobe PDF icon, then click Properties.
    3. Click on the Device Settings tab.
    4. Set the Convert Gray Graphics to PostScript Gray No.
    5. Set the Convert Gray Text to PostScript Gray No.
    6. Click the General tab.
    7. Click Printing Preferences.
    8. Click on the Adobe PDF Settings tab.
    9. Clear the checkbox Do not send fonts to Adobe PDF.
    10. Click the Layout tab.
    11. Click Advanced.
    12. Set the TrueType Font Download on as police software.
    13. Click OK three times to close the Properties dialog box in Adobe PDF.

Re: How to create a Job Options for Adobe Acrobat Distiller with Publisher 2007?

Before configuring the Acrobat Distiller to work with Publisher 2007, you should know how to create a Job Options for Adobe Acrobat Distiller. I have provided the steps that can be useful for creating it :
    1. Click Start, point to All Programs, then click Adobe Distiller 6.0.
    2. In the Default Settings (Default Settings) click on Press Quality (Quality Press)
    3. In the Settings menu (Settings), click on Edit Adobe PDF settings (Edit PDF settings)
    4. Click the Fonts tab (Fonts)
    5. In the When embedding fails (When embedding fails), click Warn and continue (Warn and continue).
    6. Click OK.
    7. In the dialog box Save Adobe PDF Settings As (Save Options in Adobe PDF), type a name for the new file. Joboptions, then click Save (Save).

After configuring Adobe Acrobat Distiller to work with Publisher 2007 and created a file of job options (. Joboptions) for Adobe Acrobat Distiller, you can use Publisher 2007 with Adobe Acrobat Distiller to create files PDF.
    1. Open a Publisher 2007 to convert to PDF.
    2. In the Tools menu, point to Commercial Printing Tools, then click Color Printing.
    3. If the Publisher 2007 should be printed in spot color, make sure that these colors are defined.
    4. After checking the settings of the Print dialog box color, click OK.
    5. In the File menu, click Page Setup.
    6. Note the size settings page, then click the printer and paper.
    7. In the Name of printer, click on Adobe PDF.
    8. In the Paper Size box, click the appropriate paper size.
    9. Click the Layout tab.
    10. Make sure the settings page size is still correct. If work must be a book, you can use the controls in this dialog box to configure the imposition of the page.
    11. When the parameters of the formatting is correct, click OK.

I think that you will have to complete some more steps after the steps that have mentioned by the 'Zenon'. The more steps are as follows :
    1. In the File menu, click Print.
    2. Click to check the Print to File.
    3. Click Advanced Print Settings.
    4. In the Output area, click Composite CMYK, color separations or Grayscale test (as appropriate).
    5. Click the Settings tab page, then click the printer's marks to print in Publisher 2007 or Publisher 2003.
    6. Click OK.
    7. When prompted, click a folder to save your file, type a file name for your PostScript file, then save this file.
    8. Start Adobe Acrobat Distiller.
    9. In the File menu (File) click Open (Open)
    10. In the Open dialog box (Open) locate the PostScript file created in step 6, and then click Open (Open)

You can not print CMYK color separations or directly to the printer driver Adobe PDF. You must print to a PostScript file and open this file in Adobe Acrobat Distiller. This is a problem with Adobe Acrobat Distiller 4.0 and later, version 3.0 works correctly, as are programs distillation non-Adobe PDF.