Thread: Entourage blocks email attachments

Entourage blocks email attachments

Hi,

I have a imac pc with mac os x 10.6.2. I have ms entourage 2008 installed on my pc. The problem is that I am not able to receive email messages with attachments. My Entourage blocks email attachments. Is there, I have to change something in setting ??? If yes, how do I do it ???

Re: Entourage blocks email attachments

If the problem is with some email attachments then for security reasons. Entourage blocks attachments that contain application files or other potentially malicious software. The files with extension.. Exe, app or. Pl. are examples of potentially dangerous attachment. Entourage blocks attachments that can damage the computer. If you think that attachment is not reliable, remove it from the computer. In the Message menu, click Delete attachments unreliable.

If you approve the message sender and want to receive the attachment, ask the sender to compress the file and send it to you again. Contact the sender and ask them to compress the attachment and send it to you again. The common compression formats include StuffIt (. Sit) and ZIP (. Zip). When you receive the compressed attachment in Entourage, open the message. In the Attachments pane, select the attachment, then click Save. Open the compressed file from the hard drive.

If necessary, you can create a list of strategies (. Plist) added to allow or block file types that you specify. Entourage uses AttachmentPolicy.plist file (situated in Microsoft Entourage.pkg / Contents / Resources) to determine which files to allow or block. You can create a property list (. Plist) added that replaces or extends the blocking or licensing of file types that you specify.

Entourage blocks email attachments because some file types are considered potentially dangerous because they are likely to contain viruses. Entourage warns you if you try to send a potentially dangerous attachment. If you are not sure an attachment is not dangerous, you should delete the message before sending. When you forward a message that contains blocked attachments, Entourage removes the blocked attachments before sending the message.

When Entourage warns you that an attachment is potentially dangerous, you can compress the attachments before sending. If you are sure that attachment is not dangerous, you can compress the attachment to increase the likelihood that the recipient can open it. If you send the uncompressed attachment, it might be blocked by the security filters in service or under mail address.