Thread: A Picture or an Object may not appear in a MS Word 2007.

A Picture or an Object may not appear in a MS Word 2007.

Hello friends,
    I have installed MS Office 2007 in my system and then onwards I have started facing problems. I usually work with the Word 2007. When I am trying to insert an image it is not appearing properly into it. I was not having any problem in MS Office 2003. Do you think that there is some issue with the Office 2007..?? If not, then please tell me why a picture or an object may not appear in a MS Word 2007. Please provide me the solution as early as possible.!!
    Technology is a way of organizing the universe so that man doesn't have to experience it.-- Max Frisch 1911 -1991

Re: A Picture or an Object may not appear in a MS Word 2007.

To make a picture or object formatted with a wrapping style other than In line with the text to appear in your Word document, change the display mode to one that displays the drawing layer. To do this, click Print Layout or Web Layout View in the View menu. In Microsoft Office Word 2003 and in Microsoft Word 2002, you can change the wrapping style of a picture in line with text so that the image appears in all display modes. However, objects and AutoShapes do not appear in normal view even if you change their style of dressing in line with text. This behavior is by design of the product.

There are chances of getting this error fixed by changing the image or object to "Inline with text". To change the wrapping style of the image or object, follow these steps :
    1. Select the image or object.
    2. In the Format menu, click Picture (or Object or AutoShape).
    3. On the Position tab, select Inline with text, then click OK.

If you can not select line with text, follow these steps :
    1. Select the image or object.
    2. In the Edit menu, click Cut.
    3. In the Edit menu, click Paste Special.
    4. In the dialog Paste Special, click Image, then click OK.
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

If a graphic is in line with the text and the paragraph is set to a specific height, the graphic may not appear or appear truncated. To resolve this problem, change the paragraph spacing to single spacing. To do this, follow these steps :
    1. Select the chart, then on the Format menu, click Paragraph, and then click Indents and Spacing.
    2. Under Spacing, change the values before and after 0 pt, then change the line spacing to single.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

The image or object is formatted with a wrapping style other than "In line with text" option and drawings is disabled. This problem occurs when you print your document or you preview before printing. To make a picture or object formatted with a wrapping style other than In line with the text to appear in print preview or print, select the option drawings. To do this, follow these steps :
    1. In the Tools menu, click Options.
    2. On the Print tab, select the check box designs, and then click OK.

I don't think that your MS Office 2007 has got some issues. These are an issues which are faced by many users. You will have to change some settings, accordingly. After changing the setting you will able to insert your picture or an object in a MS Word document. Even if the error is not getting fixed then try to reinstall an application (MS Office 2007). Hope that reinstalling would fix an issue.!!

If this does not solve the problem or if it occurs frequently, you may have a problem with your video driver or your Windows display settings. To reduce this problem, use the following methods :
    • Use your current display driver, but reduce the resolution and color depth. If your driver is set with parameter 65536 colors or True Color 24 bit, change it to 256 colors.
    • Change the hardware acceleration setting as follows :

1. In the Start menu, point to Settings, then click Control Panel.
    2. Double-click the Display icon.
    3. Click the Settings tab, then click Advanced.
    4. Click the Troubleshoot tab.
    5. Drag the slider left to reduce hardware acceleration, and then click OK.
    6. When you are prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.