Thread: Entourage Error 3260 - Could not retrieve mail

Entourage Error 3260 - Could not retrieve mail

Hi,

I have a PowerBook G3 with mac os x 10.5.5 with ms office 2007. When I start entourage 2008, I keep getting Entourage Error 3260 - Could not retrieve mail. The error in detail :

Error:
    Entourage can not connect to server. Make sure your computer is connected to the network.

Explanation:
    Unable to retrieve mail.
    Error: -3260

How do I solve this error 3260 ??? What does it mean ????

Re: Entourage Error 3260 - Could not retrieve mail

To remove Entourage Error 3260, you need to create a new account in Entourage, not need utility. Help Menu ==> accounts ==> New and you enter the settings provided by your ISP. If your ISP is Free, you pay attention, among them-in order to send mail from Entourage or Mail, you must check one box in your account on their server.

Make sure you have your account set up as a POP account, not an IMAP server account. Open Account window under Tools in the menu bar. After the name indicating the type of account, you must have IMAP Accounts server access. If you can receive but not send then you have a bad SMTP configuration. If you can send but not receive you have a bad setup POP or IMAP.

Some email accounts using POP and IMAP server (SMTP) for outgoing mail that requires authentication. Solution: Enable SMTP authentication for the POP IMAP or Some courier services, including the MobileMe email account, require authentication for their SMTP server. If you've verified that your account settings are correct but still can not send messages, try to enable SMTP authentication.

1. In the Tools menu, click Accounts.
    2. Click the Mail tab, then double-click a POP or IMAP.
    3. On the Account Settings tab, under Sending Mail, click advanced sending options.
    4. Select the check box SMTP server requires authentication, then select an option for the Account ID and password to use.

Your network or ISP has a firewall that blocks connections to the server (SMTP) for outgoing mail in your mail service. Contact your administrator ISP Or your network administrator to see if he can provide another SMTP server to use for your POP or IMAP account. If the Account Setup Assistant can not set up your account, contact your email service to determine the type of your email account (POP, IMAP, Windows Live Hotmail or Microsoft Exchange), then manually configure the account.

Although Entourage supports POP accounts and IMAP, you provider of messaging services may charge fees for upgrades such access. Try to use the Account Setup Assistant in Entourage to automatically configure some of the mail accounts most widely used, including POP IMAP And Windows Live Hotmail.

1. In the Entourage menu, click Account Settings.
    2. Click on the arrow next to New And then click Mail.
    3. If the dialog box Create new account appears, click Setup Wizard.
    4. Follow the instructions in the Account Setup Assistant.

Hi all. I struggled with this error all day today. What finally got my mail to send (I was always able to receive) was changing the "Override Default SMTP Port" to the one that was listed on my provider's site.
    I looked up the "Outgoing mail server" on my providers site and it had a different port listed than the one in Entourage. I switched that and automagically it started sending mail!
    Hope this helps.