Thread: Unable to remove a password from word file

Unable to remove a password from word file

Hello friends,

I need you help to sort out my confusion which is related to the word document. I have one word file but it is password protected. Because of that I am able to open this word file. I have tried many tricks to remove this password, but didn't get any success. If you know how to remove password from word file, then please let me aware about that. I would really appreciate your any help.

Re: Unable to remove a password from word file

Please do the following steps to remove password from word file:
    1. first open word document.
    2. The you need to enter the password
    3. Then select Security tab from the tool menu.
    4. Then select modify from the password option.
    5. Finally to remove password you need to click over DELETE.

The password is applied to word file to protect it from illegal use. Use strong passwords that combine upper- and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Weak passwords don't mix these elements. Strong password: Y6dh!et5. Weak password: House27. Use a strong password that you can remember so that you don't have to write it down.

Hello friend,

You can try following procedure to remove password from the word document.
    • Open the desired word document.
    • Then you will be asked for password, enter it.
    • After this select the tool menu of the word.
    • The goto password option. Here you will get the option to remove or delete the password.

In MS Word, a document which is password protected can't be recovered if the password for same word document is forgotten or lost. Microsoft doesn't provide a service for the retrieval of documents for which passwords have been added. The Microsoft also doesn't provide any information about such kind of processes. So I think you won't get any procedure to remover password from word file.

dark_warrior1985 Guest

hello there friend,

you are having problems with a password protected word file, well let me tell u I am an expert in cracking passwords

CindySilly Guest

Below is the guide of how to remove/reset Word file password with Word Password Recovery 5.0, only 5 steps are needed to recover Microsoft Word password:
    Step 1: Download the setup file of on the official website and install it.
    Step 2:open the software,Click "Open" to browse the full path of the Excel into the program,Select your file in the Open File window and click "Open".
    Step 3: On the Recovery tab, select "Brute-force Attack (Trying All Possible Combinations)".
    Step 4: Click "Start" in the Menu to initial the program.
    Step 5: The program is recovering the password. Once the password is found, it'll be displayed in the File Opening Password Box. Click "Remove All Passwords from the File" to remove both the Password to Open and Password to Edit. Click "OK".
    How simple it is! right?
    Source(s):
    my experience and it really work!

I am have a similar problem. I word document which was created in word 2007 and was password protected -- I KNOW the pw and can open the document. I have removed the password protection from the document "anyone can open, copy, and change any part of this document". Yet it asks me for the password every time I open the document. How do I get rid of this password. I have tried exporting it to 2003/2007 format and to rtf format. Nothing seems to work. Would appreciate any help you can give me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by clafarge View Post
    I am have a similar problem. I word document which was created in word 2007 and was password protected -- I KNOW the pw and can open the document. I have removed the password protection from the document "anyone can open, copy, and change any part of this document". Yet it asks me for the password every time I open the document. How do I get rid of this password. I have tried exporting it to 2003/2007 format and to rtf format. Nothing seems to work. Would appreciate any help you can give me on this.
    Are you removing the password properly and then saving the word 2007 document and then closing it. Follow the below steps properly:
    1. Open the Word 2007 document that has been encrypted and password protected. It will ask you for the password.Enter the password and click OK
    2. Click on the office icon on the top left
    3. Select Prepare >> Encrypt document
    4. An Encrypt document dialog box pops up with the password set (in asterisk)
    5. Clear the password and click Ok
    6. Save and close the Word 2007 document

Quote Originally Posted by viceman View Post
    Are you removing the password properly and then saving the word 2007 document and then closing it. Follow the below steps properly:
    1. Open the Word 2007 document that has been encrypted and password protected. It will ask you for the password.Enter the password and click OK
    2. Click on the office icon on the top left
    3. Select Prepare >> Encrypt document
    4. An Encrypt document dialog box pops up with the password set (in asterisk)
    5. Clear the password and click Ok
    6. Save and close the Word 2007 document
    Thanks for the reply. That was the first thing I tried. The dialog box is now empty when it opens, and it says the document is un-encrypted. I tried setting a different password...still opened only with the old one, but the new one was in that box.