Thread: A 2007 Office program stops responding while printing a document

A 2007 Office program stops responding while printing a document

Hello friends,
    I have MS Office 2007 installed in my system with an operating system as Windows Vista. I am getting frustrated while using this application. Because whenever I give the print command, the program that was currently running on the MS Office gets stops and it does not responds. I was not having any issues while working with the MS Office 2003. Please suggest me some solutions for A 2007 Office program stops responding while printing a document

Re: A 2007 Office program stops responding while printing a document

A 2007 Microsoft Office program may stop responding when you try to complete specific tasks. Lets take an example so that you can understand more better, the program stops responding when you try to perform one of the following tasks :
    • Print a document
    • Preview page breaks in a document
    • Calculating page breaks in Normal view

In addition, an error message similar to the following when you try to start an Office program may appear :
    • Failed at the last startup of Word.

This problem may occur if the following conditions are met :
    1. You run Office 2007 on Windows Vista.
    2. A printing device of Dell Inc.. is configured as the default printer on the computer and the printer driver is obsolete.
    3. You perform a task that causes the Office 2007 program to query the printer driver.

So avoid these conditions for solving the mentioned issues.

You can fix this problem by changing the default printer. If more than one printer is connected to your computer, change the default printer to a printer that does not cause this problem. To do this, follow these steps :
    1. Click Start, type control printers in the Search box and then click Printers in the list control programs.
    2. Click the right mouse button on the printer you want, then click Set as default printer. A check on the printer icon indicates that the printer is the default printer.

I would like to suggest you to uninstall the printer drivers obsolete. For doing that follow the steps that are mentioned below :
    1. Click Start, Type control printers in the Search box and then click Printers in the list control programs.
    2. Click the right mouse button on the printer you want to delete and click Delete. If you can not delete the printer, click the right mouse button again, click Run as administrator and then click Delete. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or click Allow.

You should keep in mind that you can not delete a printer if the elements are in the queue for printing. If items are in the queue waiting to print, Cancel all print jobs and try to delete the printer again. I would like to tell you to reinstall the printer. If that is not working try to reinstall the MS Office 2007. Even after that, if the problem is persisting then check by repairing the operating system. I think that your operating system is not supporting that application. So updating would solve the issue.