Thread: How to troubleshoot font problems in Word 2007?

How to troubleshoot font problems in Word 2007?

Hello everyone,
    I am working on the documents that are created and edited on Word 2007. After installing the MS Office 2007, I stared facing many issues with the Word 2007 which I never faced in Word 2003. I don't know the reason for that thing. Usually I face the fonts problem in Word 2007. The different pop up errors get displayed and also while printing the documents. So please tell me how to troubleshoot font problems in Word 2007? Expecting some help from your side as early as possible.!!

Re: How to troubleshoot font problems in Word 2007?

Before starting to troubleshoot font problems in Word 2007, look at the general topics include :
    • You should always make sure you install the service pack for your newest version of Windows. Several font problems have been fixed in Windows Service Packs.
    • The exact number of TrueType fonts you can install depends on the length of the names of fonts and TrueType files.

To troubleshoot font problems in Word 2007, the first thing is to install the correct printer driver. The error that you get while printing occurs mostly because of the printer driver. Once you install the updated driver your issue should get fixed. Your problem may be because the printer driver by default in Windows is a printer driver Generic / Text Only, a fax driver installed or a similar pilot. To change the printer driver used by Word 2007, use one of the following methods :
    1. In Word, click the Microsoft Office button, then click Print. In the Name box, click the name of a printer installed.
    2. Click Start, click Printers and Faxes. Click the right mouse button on a printer installed, then click Set as default printer.

You should keep in mind that not to select a printer driver Generic / Text Only or fax driver installed as default printer in Windows.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

Create a new Word document based on Normal.dot. To create a new document based on the global template, click the Microsoft Office Button, click New. Click on Blank Document, then click Create. Depending on what happens in the new document, follow these steps :
    1. In the new document, use a different font. If the problem disappears once you've changed your policy and may be linked to a specific font in Windows. Take the next step to continue troubleshooting.
    2. In the new document, use the font that you used in the original Word document. If the font problem disappears in the new Word document, the original document is probably corrupt.
    Blessings to you

If you used a template other than Normal.dot template to create the original Word document, it may be damaged. Or, the model from which the original document was created can be damaged. It is also possible that both the original document and the template is damaged. If the problem persists with a specific font in the new document, try to use the font in a new WordPad document. To create a WordPad document, click Start, point to All Programs, click Accessories, then click WordPad. If the problem persists in a Word document in WordPad, the font is probably damaged. You may need to remove and reinstall the font in Windows defective.

Re: How to delete a font in Word 2007?

To delete a font, follow these steps :
    1. Click Start, click Run, type Control fonts, and then click OK.
    2. Click on the police to remove.
    3. In the File menu, click Delete.
    4. Click Yes to the following message :
      • Are you sure you want to delete these fonts?

To select multiple fonts, hold down the CTRL key and click each font you want to delete.