Thread: Part of the text of an InfoPath form does not Print!

Part of the text of an InfoPath form does not Print!

Hello everyone,
    I am using the Infopath form for developing the XML-based data entry forms. I find it more useful because of its ability to view and edit XML documents with support for custom-defined XML schemata. The issue that I am facing is while printing the InfoPath form.!? Whenever I print I find that some part of the text of an InfoPath form does not Print !?! Please help me in solving this problem.!!

Re: Part of the text of an InfoPath form does not Print!

A problem may occur when you try to print or preview a Microsoft Office InfoPath 2003. Part of the text in the right margin does not print or does not appear in print preview. The right margin of the page does not appear as expected. So in such scenarios try to reinstall the application that you are working in (InfoPath 2003). Many times by reinstalling the application your problem gets fixed. Also try to install the latest driver for the printer that you are using for printing purpose. Hope that your problem gets solved by doing this.!!
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

When the size of the form or control is wider than the printable area of the page, right side of form controls and text in these controls may not print or appear not in print preview. This problem occurs because InfoPath uses the same HTML engine as Microsoft Internet Explorer to view and print HTML. Therefore, when you view and print forms InfoPath, you display the same behavior and limitations with the HTML engine in Internet Explorer.

To fix this issue, you can change the print mode according to landscape orientation. To change the orientation, follow these steps :
    1. Displays the task pane in design mode. To do this, click Task Pane on the View menu. (The menu is in the menu bar.)
    2. In the task pane, click View, then click View Properties. The dialog Display Properties window opens.
    3. On the Print Settings tab, select Landscape under Orientation, then click OK.
    Depending on the amount of text, you will also resize controls vertically to view all the text.

I would like to advice you to Resize the controls and display to fit in the printable area. You can do it by following the steps :
    1. Displays the task pane in design mode. To do this, click Task Pane on the View menu. (The menu is in the menu bar.)
    2. In the task pane, click View, then click View Properties. The dialog Display Properties window opens.
    3. Under Settings in the presentation, check Use a custom layout width for this form.
    4. In the Custom layout width, type 650 or less. Keep the unit default px.
    5. Resize all controls for a width of 650 px or less.

By creating a custom print version, the issues that you have mentioned could be fixed. For creating a custom print version, follow the steps described below :
    2. Click on display in the pane. The Views task pane appears.
    3. Under Actions, click Create Print Version for this view. The dialog box Create a print version opens.
    4. Type a name for your print view, then click OK.
    5. Under Select a view, click on the original display. This view may appear as 1 (default).
    6. Press CTRL + A to select all the controls of the display, then press CTRL + C to copy the controls.
    7. Under Select a view, click on the new print version that you created in step 4, then press CTRL + V to paste controls.
    8. Resizing the display or control (or both).