Thread: How to optimize Word 2007?

How to optimize Word 2007?

Hello friends,
    I have observed that after installing the MS Office 2007, I am finding very difficult to open the documents properly. There are no errors but the documents are getting opened very late. I usually work with the Word 2007, and I am finding this issue of it. So I thought to post you and get some help for optimizing that application. But I don't have enough idea about it. Please tell me how to optimize Word 2007? Expecting you to answer as early as possible.!!
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do". - Voltaire

Re: How to optimize Word 2007?

I would like to suggest to defragment your hard drive. Because defragmentation is good option for optimizing the Word 2007. To defragment the hard drive regularly use a utility such as Windows Disk Defragmenter. Disk Defragmenter Analyze local volumes. In addition, the Disk Defragmenter brings together fragmented files and folders so that files and folders occupy contiguous space on the volume. Therefore, speed computer access to files and folders can be increased. Disk Defragmenter and software third-party disk optimization can reduce the area on the disk where Microsoft Windows is looking for information. To use Disk Defragmenter, follow these steps :
    1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, System Tools and then click Disk Defragmenter.
    2. Click to select the volume you want to defragment, then click defragment.
    3. Once the defragmentation is complete, Disk Defragmenter displays the results in the display of the defragmentation. Click View Report to view detailed information on the volume that you defragmented.

You should be knowing that for the speed process you require the primary memory or main memory good enough. So, you can also say that optimizing the Word 2007 application also depends on the main memory(RAM). The amount of memory (RAM) requires Word 2007 to operate at optimum speed depends on various factors. These factors include the number of programs running at the same time and types of operations that is running Word 2007. When you add memory (RAM) to the computer, better performance. In addition, you can run many programs simultaneously. If you regularly work with large documents that are 50 pages or more, or if you use graphics or embedded objects in your documents, you can get significant improvement in operating speed of Word 2007 when you add memory (RAM).

When a program uses virtual memory, Windows simulates a large contiguous block of main memory (RAM). Windows that using the main memory smaller blocks that are added by the secondary memory, such as a disk drive. To free temporary space in RAM, data blocks (pages) are moved between memory (RAM) and a swap file located on the hard disk. By default, the Windows swap file is dynamic. Therefore, the swap file size can change depending on available disk space and operations are performed on the system. The swap file can also occupy a fragmented region of the hard drive without involving a performance penalty. A dynamic swap file is usually more efficient use of resources. A swap file is usually dynamic is the most efficient user of resources. For virtual memory performance, make sure the disk that contains the paging file has plenty of free space, so that the size of the paging file can change if necessary.
    Blessings to you

If you have multiple drives on the computer, you may experience better performance when you specify that Windows locate the swap file on a drive other than the default player. That if one or both of the following conditions are met :
    1. The default player virtually no free space, and another local unit has more free space.
    2. Another local unit is faster and used less than the current drive.

You may also experience better performance when you specify that the minimum disk space available for virtual memory be at least twice the available RAM. For example, if a computer has 64 MB of RAM, specify at least 128 MB of virtual memory.

When you compress a hard disk, you create more space in which you can store files. Although more disk space is available, disk compression can slow the performance of programs that use the compressed drive. When you use disk compression, data is compressed or decompressed each time a read or write operation is performed on the disc. Decompression and compression makes demands on the processor in your computer. Therefore, performance can be reduced. When you are running Word 2007 from a network drive, performance may be slower than when you are running Word 2007 from files that are stored on the local hard drive. In addition, when you work with files located on a floppy disk or a network drive, performance may be slower than when you work from files that are stored on the local hard drive. When you are finished with a file, save your changes and close the file before copying the file to its original location.
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

When printing in the background is selected, you can continue working in Word 2007 while your document prints in the background. Printing in the background uses more memory and the document may print more slowly. When printing in the background is cleared, your document prints faster. But you can not use Word 2007 before the print job is completed. If you continue to work for in Word 2007 prints your document, clear printing in the background to speed up printing. To do this, follow these steps :
    1. Start Word 2007.
    2. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.
    3. In the dialog box Word Options, click Advanced, then scroll to the section of the print.
    4. Uncheck the box next to Print background, and then click OK.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination