Thread: Autosave causes word 2010 to freeze then crash

Autosave causes word 2010 to freeze then crash

I have purchased new Hcl Me laptop installed with windows 7 operating system. Also it was preinstalled with office 2010 beta version. I am facing a typical problem using word 2010 whenever word autosaves the file it freezes initially and then finally it results in to crash. I would like to get rid of this error.

Re: Autosave causes word 2010 to freeze then crash

I think this problem is caused due to the installation of some add-ins on your application. So i would recommend you to disable all tht add-insa which you have installed on your system. The word 2010 start behaving normally as soon as you try to all the add-ins are disabled from your system.

From when are you facing this problem whether you are facing this problem since you created the first document with the microsoft word or you are have just started facing such problem. Can you tell me have you tried reinstalling the office 2010 application after getting the error. Furnish all these details so that i can help you in a better way.

Thanks for replying so quickly to this thread i have not yet reinstalled the office 2010 application . Tell me whether the re-installation will solve my issue. Also i am facing this issue from the last two days. Please give me a good solution so that i can solve this problem as soon as possible. Thanks in advance

If you have not reinstalled the application yet the try the reinstallation as soon as possible this will reset all sort of setting adjustment if these adjustments are the problem then it will definitely help you. Other wise try to disable the autosave option from the word application for the time being.

So you are facing this problem from last two days that means something is wrong with the autosave feature so i would advise you to restore your system to a date back when your office 2010 application was running absolutely fine without any sort of error. The restore should definitely help you to solve this problem.

Betch Guest

FYI - I was getting freezes in Word 2010 after clicking on anything after starting it, and was able to fix them by disabling the "EndNote Cite While You Write" Add-in.

To disable it (assuming you have it), follow these instructions

1. Start Word with templates/addins disabled by running "winword /a" without the quotes
    2. Go to File -> Options
    3. Select Add-Ins
    4. At the very bottom, select"COM Add-ins" (was default for me) and hit "Go..."
    5. Uncheck "EndNote Cite While You Write"
    6. Hit ok, exit, and start up again as normal!