Thread: Graphics do not print correctly to a non-color printer in PowerPoint 2007.

Graphics do not print correctly to a non-color printer in PowerPoint 2007.

Hello Everyone,
    I am using the MS Office 2007 from last six months. I never used to take the print-outs, but recently when I started to take the prints I have seen that graphics are not correctly printed. I am trying to print the graphics from the PowerPoint 2007 to a non-color printer. So please explain me about the graphics that is not printing correctly to a non-color printer in PowerPoint 2007. Help me as soon as possible.!!

Re: Graphics do not print correctly to a non-color printer in PowerPoint 2007.

Print a presentation in Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 or print a workbook in Microsoft Office Excel 2007 on a printer other than color. If the presentation or the book contains an object or graphic, you may experience one or more of the following symptoms :
    • The object or graphic in the presentation or the book is printed in grayscale.
    • The object or graphic in the presentation or the book is printed on a low resolution.
    • Text that contains the object or graphic stepped edges or the text is unreadable.

Many times you need to edit the registry to solve such kind of problems. Make sure to back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. I would like to suggest to reinstall the MS Office application or the printer. By doing this there are chances of getting fixed this error. By doing wrong editing of the registries may cause serious issue to your operating system. So if you are not able to fix that issue by reinstalling then you can edit the registries.

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or another method. To avoid the Graphics Issue of Printing, use one of the following methods :
    1. Exit all programs.
    2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    3. Locate and then select the following registry subkey:
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ Common
    4. After you select the subkey, select New from the Edit menu and then click DWORD Value.
    5. Write DoNotRecolorMetafilesOnPrint and then press ENTER.
    6. Click the right mouse button on DoNotRecolorMetafilesOnPrint and then click Modify.
    7. In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
    8. On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.

The graphics problem may occur when the presentation or the book contains one of the following :
    • An object that contains text, such as an Excel chart.
    • Vector graphics file that contains text as a. EMF.

If you avoid it, the graphics may printed correctly to a non-color printer in PowerPoint 2007.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination